No announcement yet.

Marlins Acquire Jarred Cosart from Astros

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UZR actually likes him as a short stop. 28 inning sample size, but still.

Comment

• Originally posted by Big Z View Post
      Valdespin starting over Kike. Come on, if you traded Moran and Marisnick for him and Cosart, Kike should be starting at 2B from the get go.
      I don't follow

Comment

• -9 in 2013 and -5.9 in 2014.

Comment

• future gold glover doe
          Originally posted by Madman81
          Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
          Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

• better smile
            Originally posted by Madman81
            Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
            Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

• Originally posted by Sr.Imbto
              How comparable is he to Sea Bass at this stage of his career?
              Fangraphs has Gonzalez as a positive defensively by his second season.

I find the gap between the general perception of Hech's defense and the metrics interesting. This organization's done a good job convincing people, that's for sure.
              poop

Comment

• Sea Bass also showed above average power from the beginning. Hech has the same shit BB/K but below average power.

Offensively, I don't see how he could get much better than he is right now without some kind of massive overhaul.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bobbob1313 View Post
                  Fangraphs has Gonzalez as a positive defensively by his second season.

I find the gap between the general perception of Hech's defense and the metrics interesting. This organization's done a good job convincing people, that's for sure.
                  Helps to have Rich and Tommy force feeding praise his way throughout a broadcast.

Comment

• So did he just make a few good plays early one to make everyone think he has great defense? And what is so "bad" about his defense? Bad range? (Serious question.)
                    LHP Chad James-Jupiter Hammerheads-

5-15 3.80 ERA (27 starts) 149.1IP 173H 63ER 51BB 124K

Comment

• He has always passed the eye test, but the advanced metrics have never liked him.
                      Amy Adams, AKA Cinnamon Muff
                      Logan Morrison: "If baseball didn't exist, I would probably be ... like a curler. Or a hairstylist."
                      Noah Perio
                      Jupiter
                      39 AB
                      15 H
                      0 2B
                      0 3B
                      0 HR
                      0 BB
                      .385/.385/.385

Comment

• Cosart scratched with sore oblique. Flynn to start Thursday.
                        LHP Chad James-Jupiter Hammerheads-

5-15 3.80 ERA (27 starts) 149.1IP 173H 63ER 51BB 124K

Comment

• Cosart through 5 starts as a Marlin: 1.65era 32.2ip 27ha 6er 7bb 17k

Comment

• Looks like he has good stuff, would like to see more strikeouts though.

Comment

• Is it still a rumor? Haven't seen it confirmed just yet.

Comment

Working...
                              X