Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Realmuto Recalled, Desco to AAA

@Marlins: ROSTER MOVES:
    • C @JTRealmuto recalled from AA Jacksonville (@SunsBaseball)
    • Anthony DeSclafani optioned to AAA NOLA (@zephyrsbaseball)
    Twitter

I don't get it. Why call up Realmuto to sit his ass on the bench and not call up Kyle Jensen, whose on the 40, to be a DH this series?

Comment

If we get two games of Realmuto behind the plate and Salty at DH in the Astros series, I'm ok with this.

We all know that won't happen.

Comment

Salty is turrible behind the plate

Comment

‏@clarkspencer
          #marlins : J.T. Realmuto optioned to NOLA, OF Jake Marisnick recalled from NOLA
          Again, I don't get the moves this team makes. Realmuto didn't get any game action, and unless an outfielder gets hurt, Marisnick won't either.

Comment

I concur.
            LHP Chad James-Jupiter Hammerheads-

5-15 3.80 ERA (27 starts) 149.1IP 173H 63ER 51BB 124K

Comment

The only thing I can figure is that Marisnick is only up until they can recall Lucas (which is in another day or two) and they didn't want Realmuto sitting on the bench any longer. Just a guess.

Comment

I get bringing up Realmuto because they wanted to DH Salty and needed a backup to Mathis. (Although Realmuto should've started at least one of those games) but if you have no plans on playing that catcher you call up why not bring up Brantly?
                --------------------
                Desco called up, didn't play.
                Realmuto called up, didn't play.
                Marisnick now called up, probably won't play.

We have non-prospects to bring up instead. This FO is a Wakkie Nu Nu.
                Last edited by Nick; 07-28-2014, 02:11 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

Marisnick optioned to New Orleans. Ed Lucas was pinch hit for. I assume he'll be back up tomorrow.
                  --------------------
                  Manny Navarro ‏@Manny_Navarro 21s
                  #Marlins super utility man Ed Lucas on his way back up from Triple A http://bit.ly/1o1dHew
                  Nailed it.
                  Last edited by Miamarlin21; 07-29-2014, 10:37 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged
                  LHP Chad James-Jupiter Hammerheads-

5-15 3.80 ERA (27 starts) 149.1IP 173H 63ER 51BB 124K

Comment

Originally posted by fauowls44 View Post
                    The only thing I can figure is that Marisnick is only up until they can recall Lucas (which is in another day or two) and they didn't want Realmuto sitting on the bench any longer. Just a guess.
                    HOW DID HE KNOW, DAFT

Comment

Working...
                    X