• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tjfla View Post
    BA First Mock is out and they have us taking

Mike Nikorak, rhp, Stroudsburg (Pa.) HS

Tyler Jay LHP Illinois is also a possiblity
    Yes, draft a reliever with the 12th pick. Makes perfect sense.

Comment

a high school arm nonetheless!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
      Originally posted by Madman81
      Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
      Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

Why would any HS pitcher be pigeon-holed as a reliever?

Comment

I looked up Tyler Jay not Mike Nikorak. Rather take the risk on a HS arm if those are the options. At least there is a chance he becomes something of value.

Comment

Fangraphs:

12. Marlins – Garrett Whitley, CF, Niskayuna HS (NY), Wake Forest commit

I haven’t heard a ton of teams tied to Whitley other than the D’Backs, but he probably doesn’t get much farther than this. I’ve had many scouts tell me the Marlins won’t pass on Tucker, so this is likely his floor.

Comment

BUELLER.jpg

Comment

I have heard they love Tucker but doubt he drops to us.

Nikorak is 6'5 and supposedly the Top HS arm. Tyler Jay is 6'1 175 lefty who could move quickly as a RP.

Likely it will come down to bonus-if they wanna save cash they would probably go Jay otherwise Tucker/Nikorak would be nice picks

Comment

Originally posted by tjfla View Post
                  I have heard they love Tucker but doubt he drops to us.

Nikorak is 6'5 and supposedly the Top HS arm. Tyler Jay is 6'1 175 lefty who could move quickly as a RP.

Likely it will come down to bonus-if they wanna save cash they would probably go Jay otherwise Tucker/Nikorak would be nice picks
                  First bolded part makes no sense. Second bolded is the accurate speculation.

Comment

No sense?

Tyler Jay is a Left Handed Arm who could move quickly thru the system like a Drew Storen did if we keep him as a RP. 98MPH Fastball with a plus slider and curve. He is 5-1 9 Sv and a 0.73 ERA in 49 innings so far

Why do u think people associate him with us? We like lefties/he could be up in the majors quick and will cost alot less than 3 million. Plus we love guys named Tyler!!

I would prefer Nikorak or a bat but if u can get a guy who u like and save cash for later picks. Might as well. The draft isn't like it used to be,you find guys u like that will sign for the amount or less.

Mike Dunn is a FA in 2 years and they seem to like Conley as a SP so he could be a low cost Lefty BP option in 2-3 years
                    Last edited by tjfla; 05-08-2015, 02:37 PM.

Comment

Fucking shoot me in the fucking face if we draft Mike Dunn's replacement 12th overall.

Luckily I know Teej doesn't know anything about what we're actually doing so I'm not that worried.

Comment

Since I know absolutely nobody in this draft and after getting really happy about Colin Moran and seeing him be bleh and not really caring about the Yelich/Fernandez picks and seeing where those have turned out, I'll make no absolutes about my feelings for any draft picks this year unless Carlos Rodon is reentering the draft and we pass on him again.
                        Last edited by dim; 05-08-2015, 04:11 PM.

Comment

I'm with Mainge. Drafting a guy to replace a 1 WAR player in 2 years with the 12th pick is insane. But that fangraphs mock draft had him taken before our draft so I pray that happens so the FO can't do something that dumb. Also drafting for a positional need or projected positional need is a horrible strategy. You take the best player available while mixing in signability, cost, and how many players at that position you already drafted (you can't draft a shortstop with your first 10 picks because they won't be able to get the necessary playing time to develop).

Comment

Just read this black swan article on fg. Fairly interesting read for those interested in the draft. And it's something that this FO never has done to my knowledge.

Comment

Is it too soon to start talking about the #1 pick the Marlins will have in the 2016 draft?

Comment

Originally posted by marlinsfan24 View Post
                                Is it too soon to start talking about the #1 pick the Marlins will have in the 2016 draft?
                                Yes there are other teams that are worse.

Comment

Working...
                                X