2015 Draft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tjfla View Post
    Likely already have a contract "signed" which is why they are signing all of these guys for over slot. But he can't actual sign it until 6/25 or the last day of his HS. Ya I didn't know that was a rule until last year when we couldn't sign Zach Sullivan till like July
    Was this new? I was trying to find a Beckett scouting report and an article was looking back at him and said he could have been drafted number was after junior year. Was it just talking about his ability or has the rule changed since then?

Comment

You can't draft high school juniors.

Comment

Originally posted by Mainge View Post
        You can't draft high school juniors.
        I see that is in the rules now but am asking if it was in the rules then.

Comment

It was a rule then.

Comment

I think it meant that if Beckett were eligible as a junior, he would have been drafted number one (or high.)
            LHP Chad James-Jupiter Hammerheads-

5-15 3.80 ERA (27 starts) 149.1IP 173H 63ER 51BB 124K

Comment

Well that's what I would have thought but I was just wondering. That article didn't make it seem like he wasn't draft eligible just that he chose to return to HS (or I skimmed it too quickly to realize).

Comment

BA has a great article up that any who can't figure out the Bonus Pool should read. The kid got an offer in Round 3,4,6,and 9. Even had offers that told him to tell teams if he told them not to pick them they would give him 100K

Well he got 5K

http://www.baseballamerica.com/draft...punch-seniors/

Comment

Originally posted by tjfla View Post
                  BA has a great article up that any who can't figure out the Bonus Pool should read. The kid got an offer in Round 3,4,6,and 9. Even had offers that told him to tell teams if he told them not to pick them they would give him 100K

Well he got 5K

http://www.baseballamerica.com/draft...punch-seniors/
                  What about independent leagues? Couldn't a player tell the team to shove it. Play in an independent league for a year and then sign as a minor league free agent the next year with the organization of his choice?

Comment

Originally posted by Jay View Post
                    What about independent leagues? Couldn't a player tell the team to shove it. Play in an independent league for a year and then sign as a minor league free agent the next year with the organization of his choice?
                    Sure I bet alot of 24 yr olds are dying to play in the Pecos League for 2 years,get signed and then spend 2 more years in Greensboro playing with 18 yr olds. Baseball players who are drafted in Round 30 usually are actual baseball players-not these toolsy guys. They want to play ball and thats usually what most of them know

Comment

• Well a college senior who is getting drafted there should no something besides baseball at that point and they will never make enough playing baseball so if they know nothing they should practice saying would you like fries with that.

Comment

• 4 guys left to sign/Expected to- Naylor,Whitt,Arroyo,Foley.

Comment

Working...
                        X