Hand pitched well, McGehee hit his 2nd home run of the season

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m0aVka8zmFw[/ame]

Accurate.
    This post was brought to you by: Dat SEC Speed

Comment

NEXT YEAR IS OUR YEAR

*our last year with Stanton
      --------------------
      I did watch the 9th inning and was happy to see them finally win, doe.
      Last edited by Namaste; 07-20-2014, 09:49 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

They had the bases loaded with no outs in a tie game in the 9th vs the Braves.

:facepalm
        --------------------
        Jones did it.

Nobody cares.
        Last edited by Namaste; 07-21-2014, 09:34 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

Daft, that guy strikes out 43% of the people he faces. You would never know it if you didn't hear rich/tommy say it 400 times during an 8 pitch stretch.

Comment

I love beating the Braves.

Comment

I swear the FO is setting them up for failure. They have both Brad Hand and Jake Turner in the rotation. Ridiculous. The FO is basically telling the team, okay if you pull a Houdini then we will respect you and buy. If not, we are selling and at least we tried.

If the FO really wanted to help us win, they would have helped the team a long time ago when it needed some support in the lineup and the rotation. I like the addition if Valdespin to the lineup much more than a Lucas or a Solano. Why wasn't this done earlier? Also, the Salty signing is looking terrible right now. I still like him 100 times more than Buck, but the man has been struggling defensively and offensively.
              Last edited by Big Z; 07-22-2014, 05:58 AM.

Comment

I can't believe I'm defending the FO, but it's not like they haven't at least given the pitching prospects at AAA a shot. They did and they weren't quite ready. Turner and Hand (who has actually been pretty decent as of late) are our only options right now.

Comment

I feel like maybe expectations/hopes should have been recalibrated when the 3rd-best pitcher in baseball was lost for the season, maybe.
                  poop

Comment

Hand has pitched well of late and Turner struck out over 8 per nine innings in the pen and had a sub-2 FIP. Small sample size, but maybe he's figured something out? They are not ideal candidates, but no one in our system seems to be ready and like BobBob said, losing Fernandez also put them in a pretty terrible spot.
                    Last edited by marlinsfan24; 07-22-2014, 07:32 AM.

Comment

It's Tuesday morning and I don't believe the title of this thread.
                      Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM Hugg!

Comment

Stop being such a skeptic, Chewie. That won't fly in China.

Comment

Working...
                        X