No announcement yet.

Trade Deadline

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boston can ask for Yelich, and why wouldn't they? But they're not going to get that kind of return on what could be a rental player and they are pretty much resigned to selling him at this point. Reports are he WILL be traded, and I will guarantee it's not for a return at the quality of a guy like Yelich.

Comment

• Here are some of the names we are calling on

Arms-Cosart,Keuchel,Milone,Masterson

Bats-Cabrera,Aaron Hill,Prado

I know I know bullshit that I name more then 1 but they are talking lots of guys

They are also talking on Lester but Boston has named Heaney/Yelich in deals and looks like the FO is not looking to trade either of them for a rental(Which is smart)

Looks like Houston and Keuchel are what we are focused on however they keep mention Ozuna and we are mentioning Marisnick or Dietrich

If we do get a SP,Turner would be trade bait for a bat. Both Cleveland and Arizona want young controlled pitching and might take a flier on him even tho he sucks
      --------------------
      Tampa has been telling teams they are NOT selling. The only way they would even listen on Price is they get an offer they are blown away by
      Last edited by tjfla; 07-30-2014, 12:12 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

• It's exactly like when Milwaukee traded for CC Sabathia in 2008. They gave up Matt Laporta, Michael Brantley, Zach Jackson and Rob Bryson for half a season of CC. At the time, Laporta was a big time prospect.

Also, in 2012 The Angels acquired Zack Greinke for Jean Segura, Ariel Pena and Johnny Hellweg. Segura was the big-time prospect at that time.

I wonder if Marisnick, Flynn/Conley and another pitcher (Wittgren, ect) would get Milone. Then deal Turner to Chicago for Boni.
        LHP Chad James-Jupiter Hammerheads-

5-15 3.80 ERA (27 starts) 149.1IP 173H 63ER 51BB 124K

Comment

• Also forgot to mention

John Lackey could be a fall back option for us but not as aggressive on him yet due to Boston asking price
          --------------------
          From what I just got emailed it looks like we are looking at pitchers like this

Controlled-Kuechel,Cosart,Milone

FA-Masterson

Fall Back-John Lackey(They love that he is signed for next year BUT iffy if they want to give up what Boston is looking for)

If we get a SP then we will look to deal Turner and/or ? for a bat(prefer 1 who can play 2B)
          Last edited by tjfla; 07-30-2014, 12:21 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

• No thank you on Cosart. I'm not even sure why the Astros are considering trading Keuchel. I mean, he is club controlled, Aiken didn't sign with them, and Appel hasn't been good this far.

I would give them Marisnick or Dietrich and a pitcher such as Urena.

If they take Marisnick, I give them a lesser pitching prospect, if they take DD I give them a higher one.

We also have Flynn, Desco, etc. who should be available in the right move.

Comment

• If they get a good SP with a lot of years of control, Ozuna should be on the table. 6.8% BB, 27.8% K. The defense and ISO is great, but that .341 BABIP this year (.334 career) is probably going to come down as he ages as he likely isn't a high BABIP kind of guy longterm. The BB/K is brutal.

At some point, maybe Marisnick is smarter to keep (not that he turns out better, but Ozuna may be playing over his head and Marisnick still does have real potential) and find another Ruggiano type guy to play in CF and see if Marisnick develops. Maybe you play Yelich in CF, move Jones to LF, and bring in someone else for 1B too. Lot's of option here.

Just saying, if Ozuna gets Keuchel, I think you do that (even if other descalfani/urena/etc arms are involved) and be really happy with Fernandez, Heaney, Alvarez, Keuchel, and Eovaldi as the longterm rotation, with Koehler, Kolek, and Williams as replacements.

Dish out Turner/Nicolino/other MILB arms and find someone to help in CF short term which won't cost a lot. Like Bonifacio and Ruggiano which they'd have to be thrilled to get young arms for.

Comment

• Actually all this Lester to Miami talk is really Lackey to Miami

Said that we would rather have Lackey since he is signed already for next year and wouldn't cost Heaney

They asked about Lester and have gotten Yelich or Heaney. FO said not for a rental and they moved onto Lackey.

Comment

• Wouldn't Lackey making no money make him very valuable.

Everyone is looking at that as a positive for the team trading. I'm looking at that as the Red Sox have something very valuable.

Comment

• Originally posted by lou View Post
                    Wouldn't Lackey making no money make him very valuable.

Everyone is looking at that as a positive for the team trading. I'm looking at that as the Red Sox have something very valuable.
                    Very which is why the asking price is high. They are said to be asking for a good young ML arm in return and GOOD as in NOT Jacob Turner

This is 1 reason why we are talking more to Houston and Oakland right now

Comment

• Originally posted by Miamarlin21 View Post
                      It's exactly like when Milwaukee traded for CC Sabathia in 2008. They gave up Matt Laporta, Michael Brantley, Zach Jackson and Rob Bryson for half a season of CC. At the time, Laporta was a big time prospect.

Also, in 2012 The Angels acquired Zack Greinke for Jean Segura, Ariel Pena and Johnny Hellweg. Segura was the big-time prospect at that time.

I wonder if Marisnick, Flynn/Conley and another pitcher (Wittgren, ect) would get Milone. Then deal Turner to Chicago for Boni.
                      Big difference though is Yelich is not a prospect. He's a ML player who's showed he can hack it and still has significant upside.

Comment

• I wouldn't trade Ozo at all. He's very valuable to the lineup.

I think I read that Lackey actually wanted to discuss that 2015 option with the team he is potentially getting traded to.

Comment

• Originally posted by Big Z View Post
                          I wouldn't trade Ozo at all. He's very valuable to the lineup.

I think I read that Lackey actually wanted to discuss that 2015 option with the team he is potentially getting traded to.
                          He actually wants an extension but no matter what he is signed for 2015 at 500k

To answer a previous question,Kuechel while club controlled isnt 22/23 either. Houston is gonna be bad the next 3 yrs so they are trying to get something now which they can use when they are a good team
                          Last edited by tjfla; 07-30-2014, 12:37 PM.

Comment

• What about Desco for Lackey?

Comment

• Originally posted by lou View Post
                              If they get a good SP with a lot of years of control, Ozuna should be on the table. 6.8% BB, 27.8% K. The defense and ISO is great, but that .341 BABIP this year (.334 career) is probably going to come down as he ages as he likely isn't a high BABIP kind of guy longterm. The BB/K is brutal.
                              Plugged it into the ol' xBABIP calculator and got .335. Even if that is too optimistic and he falls to like .325, you're still looking at a .255/.305/.439 with plus defense around the outfield from a 23-year-old in his first full major-league season. I do everything I can not to move that.

The Marlins have a long-term outfield that could be good for 14-15 WAR per year, and two of them are in their second major-league seasons. I'd do everything I can to keep that together.
                              poop

Comment

• I'm content with Valdy/Solano at 2B lol.
                                --------------------
                                @Joelsherman1: Masterson to #stlcards hearing that James Ramsey is going back to the #Indians
                                Twitter

There's one guy off our list. Cards didn't splurge on trading for Masterson. Would be nice to see if the price will drop on other guys.
                                Last edited by Big Z; 07-30-2014, 01:17 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

Working...
                                X