Trade Deadline

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trade Deadline

Jennings told Cafardo on Friday that the Marlins would look to be trade deadline buyers if they were within five or six games of the NL East lead going into the All-Star break, and the GM was meeting with owner Jeffrey Loria this weekend. Miami sits 6.5 games behind the tied Nationals and Braves heading into today’s action.
    MLBtraderumors.com

Well Buy or Sell-Stanton is staying. Jennings won't even discuss his name with other teams.

Atlanta and St Louis have called on Mike Dunn

3/4 teams have called on Cishek however Jennings has been telling teams 3 prospects and if they can't meet the asking price he will just stay. Jennings sees Cishek as an option for the bigger teams(Boston/NYY) who might miss out on FA and want a closer in the offseason

Reed Johnson,Jones,and Kevin Gregg have also gotten some calls.

As for McGehee,they are talking extension with him and as of right now they won't discuss him with teams. Possibly 2 years(Nothing is close tho yet) and when Moran is ready McGehee would move over to 1B

The big issue tho like the article says is they don't even know if they are buying or selling yet

Comment

We're buyers for the future; anyone who thinks otherwise needs to stop smoking so much crack.

Comment

Marlins looking for starter, second baseman
        NEW YORK –- Add the Marlins to the list of clubs looking for starting pitching before the July 31 non-waiver Trade Deadline.

But Miami isn’t just seeking any type of starter. The club is targeting controllable young arms, meaning those who are not on the verge of becoming free agents. The club has no interest in a rental.

“A rental, it may help you in the short term,” president of baseball operations Michael Hill said. “We want something we can move forward with. I think that will definitely influence the direction we go.”

Along with a starting pitcher, the Marlins also are exploring second base options.

The Marlins felt they had a second base answer when they signed free agent Rafael Furcal in the offseason. But a left hamstring injury has limited Furcal to just nine games.

Furcal was expected to be a speed threat at the top of the order.

On the trade front, the Marlins are looking for a second baseman who can run and potentially lead off.
        – Joe Frisaro

I agree with a controllable SP. I would like to see who they want at 2B. From the article, it doesn't seem as if Zobrist would be a choice. At least it doesn't sounds like we are going after Uggla .. Boni seems like a choice though
        Last edited by Big Z; 07-13-2014, 12:29 PM.

Comment

This organization is stupid.
          poop

Comment

@zephyrsbaseball: Penny exits in line for the W. 5 IP, 3 H, 0 R, 1 BB, 6 K. 75 pitches, 50 strikes.

Bryan Evans on to pitch the 6th.
            Twitter

Bet he's our next #5

Comment

We will be either

A) buying poop and claiming "we tried and added pieces" or

B) selling

B is unfortunately the right move. Without Fernandez and with Stanton slumping, this a below average team with a laughable manager.

Comment

We could buy this year for next season too. If we are getting controllable players, it is for this season as well as the future.

Comment

The funny thing the media never says anything about Redmond. mLB network some one said he was doing a good job. He's only cost at least 3 or 4 game min.

Comment

The only names we have been tied to is Nick Franklin,Boner,Zobrist and Alex Cobb and Tampa doesn't seem to be in a trading mood

Supposedly LAA asked on Cishek and we were throwing out names like CJ Cron,Tyler Skaggs. If that is true,Cishek won't be going there. LAA actually matches up well with us as they got Taylor Lindsey/Alex Yarbrough at 2B,R.J. Alvarez/Cam Bedrosian at RP however they only really have 1 Top Prospect and that is Kaleb Cowart. They could put together a package of Cowart,Lindsey or Yarbrough and either Alvarez and/or Bedrosian for Cishek and ?

Dunn on the other hand has already had his market set and it is 2 mid level prospects(Pretty Much what Thatcher went for)

Another thing that we have been telling teams is we prefer guys who are AA or better and are close to the ML-they want guys who can help next year/not 3 years from now. I just hope we stick to a plan and go with it. Not keep Mike Dunn,Reed Johnson,Kevin Gregg and add no one

Comment

They desperately need a SS and dont realize it or refuse to admit it.

Not a fan of a Casey McGehee extension.
                      Amy Adams, AKA Cinnamon Muff
                      Logan Morrison: "If baseball didn't exist, I would probably be ... like a curler. Or a hairstylist."
                      Noah Perio
                      Jupiter
                      39 AB
                      15 H
                      0 2B
                      0 3B
                      0 HR
                      0 BB
                      .385/.385/.385

Comment

I'm fine with a McGehee extension as long as the team's we discuss trades with aren't offering us a good enough deal and the extension isn't for an unreasonable amount of money (something like $5/6 million a year sounds about right).

This team really shouldn't be in buy mode at the moment. Losing the series to the D-Backs and then getting swept by the Mets should've made that quite clear. I'm sure Jennings will listen to offers for guys like Cishek, Jones, McGehee, and Dunn. I think when it's all set and done we trade Mike Dunn for a low scale prospect and trade Jones for something, letting us start Bour or Lucas at 1B for the rest of the season and call up Canha to play somewhat of a utility role. I think the team values Cishek and McGehee high enough that they aren't going to let them go unless they get a large return, so they will likely stay at least for the rest of the year. Cishek seems like a player who is bound to get traded just because we aren't going to pay for him when his salary skyrockets in the near future.

As for Stanton, we're gonna milk him for everything he's worth until the front office is forced to trade him.

Comment

Originally posted by Todd View Post
                          They desperately need a SS and dont realize it or refuse to admit it.

Not a fan of a Casey McGehee extension.
                          They love Hech-could care less that he can't hit/love his defense

I think the McGehee extension talk is more of trying to get a decent 3B cheap until Moran is ready. Moran wont be ready till atleast summer of 2015 if they give McGehee a 2 yr extension they can play him at 3B until Moran is ready and then let him play 1B when Moran is
                          --------------------
                          Originally posted by dim View Post
                          I'm fine with a McGehee extension as long as the team's we discuss trades with aren't offering us a good enough deal and the extension isn't for an unreasonable amount of money (something like $5/6 million a year sounds about right).

This team really shouldn't be in buy mode at the moment. Losing the series to the D-Backs and then getting swept by the Mets should've made that quite clear. I'm sure Jennings will listen to offers for guys like Cishek, Jones, McGehee, and Dunn. I think when it's all set and done we trade Mike Dunn for a low scale prospect and trade Jones for something, letting us start Bour or Lucas at 1B for the rest of the season and call up Canha to play somewhat of a utility role. I think the team values Cishek and McGehee high enough that they aren't going to let them go unless they get a large return, so they will likely stay at least for the rest of the year. Cishek seems like a player who is bound to get traded just because we aren't going to pay for him when his salary skyrockets in the near future.

As for Stanton, we're gonna milk him for everything he's worth until the front office is forced to trade him.
                          Well McGehee isn't getting any talk because we are trying to extend him. As of today-Mike Dunn,Reed Johnson,Gregg and Jones are likely to be dealt. Cishek on the other hand is who knows? Jennings is telling teams if u dont give us what we ask for we will just wait until the Winter Meetings-he won't be on the team in 2015 but who knows when we are gonna deal him.

Mike Dunn is likely gonna bring a prospect and a project arm

Yep on the Stanton thing,until he rejects an extension he won't even be discussed
                          Last edited by tjfla; 07-13-2014, 05:45 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

Trade Jones and let Bour play 1b the rest of the year and see what happens.

Comment

It's important to note that tjfla still knows nothing about what's going on in the organization.

Comment

Working...
                              X