Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Michael Hill Interview with Jim Bowden

https://soundcloud.com/mlbnetworkrad...ffice-with-jim

Main points are basically that Fish are open to trade for a SP such as Price as long as it makes sense for the teams' future. He also said Loria is willing to spend, and that they spoke to Theo (Cubs) about a deal, but things didn't work out.

They aren't going to sign Stanton but they're going to trade for Price?

Lowell

Comment

Would be great if they signed both and Jose. But that's a major long shot to even think about.

Comment

I think the fish end up with Aaron Hill at 2B. I would prefer Zobrist, but the way the Rays are playing, he's probably not going anywhere. Hill's contract is 3/$35MM (2014-2016) so I am assuming AZ has to eat up a significant portion.

By the way, I see no possible scenario in which we have enough pieces (excluding Heaney) to trade for Price. Who would you guys send to TB? I'm assuming Moran, Desco, Realmuto, etc. That opens up such a huge hole in our farm system, that I don't see it being worth it.
        Last edited by Big Z; 07-07-2014, 06:51 AM.

Comment

Hill has a -.4 WAR. Arizona would need to eat all of it and the Marlins send over two guys not in their top 15 prospects.

Moran, Marisnick, Nicolino, Realmuto, and DeScalfani/Conley/Urena probably doesn't get Price considering what others are going to offer in a better top end. The Marlins have no "second" major prospect to put into a deal right now past Moran, and I really don't think they want to move him anyways.

Comment

They supposedly had been talking with Tampa about deals with Zobrist and/or Cobb however TB has now put the breaks on all deals

Players discussed were Dietrich,Brantley for Zobrist and if Cobb was in the deal it would include a minor league SP and possibly Marisnick instead of Dietrich. Nothing is or was set tho. They actually like our system below Moran/Heaney the only issue is the Cubs/Oakland deal set the market and if u want Price it will take 1 of them plus more. Oakland talked Russell in a deal for Price

Theo would not get off Heaney which is why the deal went no where. Boner can still be tho

While Loria is willing to spend cash to get guys the FO has been "listening" to deals just in case they fall out to.
            Last edited by tjfla; 07-07-2014, 01:37 PM.

Comment

Haven't we already "fallen" out? Unless I'm missing some thing. We are 2 under and 5 out of the wild card. Atlanta is hot and will make moves I'm sure to get pitching. So the division is all but a pipe dream. Why waste prospects on getting no where this yr?

Comment

Originally posted by AdamRavs View Post
                Haven't we already "fallen" out? Unless I'm missing some thing. We are 2 under and 5 out of the wild card. Atlanta is hot and will make moves I'm sure to get pitching. So the division is all but a pipe dream. Why waste prospects on getting no where this yr?
                Ya thats what half of the FO seems to think to but Loria still has the final say.

They have listened to deals for Cishek,Dunn,Reed Johnson,Jones,Hits-the first 2 is who teams really want but Loria still sees it as they can make the playoffs with a 2B and pitching. The more we win the more he sees $$$

It will end up just like the Carlos Lee trade-we will trade Tampa or Chicago a prospect(Marisnick) for a Zobrist or Boner then August comes and we are 10 out of the WC and trading guys for nothing. Dunn and Cishek can bring back more right now then during the Winter Meetings. Just look what Arizona got for Thatcher-we could get the same for Dunn and Cishek would bring aton

On the brightside tho atleast they didn't fall for Heaney plus more for 2 SP who wouldn't resign here just to try this year. That is what THeo wanted from us-Heaney,another ML Ready Arm,prospect and IFA Cash
                --------------------
                Also forgot to mention teams are NOT even asking about Stanton-Dan Jennings has made it known that they are planning on offering an extension(guessing over winter) and they won't even talk Stanton.
                Last edited by tjfla; 07-07-2014, 02:48 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

Originally posted by tjfla View Post
                  They supposedly had been talking with Tampa about deals with Zobrist and/or Cobb however TB has now put the breaks on all deals

Players discussed were Dietrich,Brantley for Zobrist and if Cobb was in the deal it would include a minor league SP and possibly Marisnick instead of Dietrich. Nothing is or was set tho. They actually like our system below Moran/Heaney the only issue is the Cubs/Oakland deal set the market and if u want Price it will take 1 of them plus more. Oakland talked Russell in a deal for Price

Theo would not get off Heaney which is why the deal went no where. Boner can still be tho

While Loria is willing to spend cash to get guys the FO has been "listening" to deals just in case they fall out to.
                  You're an idiot.

Comment

Dietrich and Brantly do not get Ben Zobrist. Not even close. That's not even the start of a package. Zobrist has been one of the best players in baseball the last 5 years (a very quiet 29.7 WAR), is on pace for a 4-4.5 WAR season in what is considered a down year, and has a very good contact next year ($7.5 million).

He is an immense trade chip and shouldn't be uttered in the same sentence as Bonifacio, who could easily be had for a reliever prospect in AA. Zobrist takes 3-4, minimum, of Marisnick, Nicolino, DeScalfani, Dietrich, Conley, Realmuto, Urena, Turner, and any other reliever on the team besides Cishek. And that isn't imagining some other contending team (Oakland, who is perfect for him) could blow that away with their better farm and pitching to trade.

No.

Comment

Thread title should be:

TJFLA LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

Comment

I wonder what it would take to get Nick Franklin. He seems to be blocked in SEA. They're in contention, and can probably use him to pick up a SP though.

Comment

None of our SP is helping a contending team. Unless its Alvarez

Comment

Eovaldi?

Comment

Don't they need to keep Alvarez and Eovaldi at this point. I think yes

Comment

Working...
                              X