Miami Loses Late June Back Breaker to Oakland 9-5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Postgame: Miami Loses Late June Back Breaker to Oakland 9-5

Down 4-0, Marlins rally back to take the lead.

And then stuff happened.

I give up on this team. Same shit different year. I'm tired of their bullshit play. See you guys next year.

Comment

See you in 4 days, Big Z.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Z View Post
        I give up on this team. Same shit different year. I'm tired of their bullshit play. See you guys next year.
        I hate to be that guy, but everyone expects it from me, so: What did you expect?
        --------------------
        They played over their heads for a while, and it was fun. They also lost Jose Fernandez and have multiple black holes in the lineup. Plus Yelich is hurt.

This team needed a lot of things to go right to be a .500-plus team. At the very least, they probably couldn't afford to have multiple things go wrong.
        Last edited by Bobbob1313; 06-27-2014, 10:31 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged
        poop

Comment

To add on that, the team is very likely to improve upwards of double digits in the win colulmn from last season.

Comment

If you had told me in March Jose Fernandez would have to have Tommy John Surgery, I might not have watched a game.

In light of that, it's been rather fun, I think. Yelich, Ozuna, Deitrich have all been pleasant surprises and look like long-term options, and Alvarez is a joy to watch. I'll still be here.
            poop

Comment

Bobo, so you think that Ozuna will be in the Marlins outfield long-term while Marisnick will not be? Just curious.
              LHP Chad James-Jupiter Hammerheads-

5-15 3.80 ERA (27 starts) 149.1IP 173H 63ER 51BB 124K

Comment

Marisnick is now hitting .176/.224/.222 in 165 career PA

his OPS+ this year is 7

Comment

This team has still outperformed what I expected by a lot.

I do not think Marisnick will really pan out but I also don't think he's a 7 OPS+ kinda guy
                  Originally posted by Madman81
                  Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
                  Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

I think Marisnick will turn out a lot like Cameron Maybin. I think he's going to fail in his chances with us during his early 20s, but then somehow stick around in the league for a good long while due to his tools, but ultimately be a below average major league baseball player.

Comment

Originally posted by Miamarlin21 View Post
                      Bobo, so you think that Ozuna will be in the Marlins outfield long-term while Marisnick will not be? Just curious.
                      One of them's pretty good at the MLB level right now. One isn't.

One might be long-term, but I'll believe in the guy who is currently doing it.

It's not like there's a lot of red flags in Ozuna's performance. This seems sustainable to me.
                      --------------------
                      If Marisnick works out, all the better.

None of it matters if they don't sign Stanton, because he's the only true All-Star level talent on the offensive side of the ball throughout the system.
                      Last edited by Bobbob1313; 06-28-2014, 03:39 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged
                      poop

Comment

It's a no Game Thread kinda day.

Comment

*final 82 games
                          poop

Comment

Working...
                          X