Furcal to DL, Dietrich Back Up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Furcal to DL, Dietrich Back Up

@JoeFrisaro: Not announced, but Derek Dietrich will be joining #Marlins to replace Furcal. No surprise.
    Twitter

That defense though...

Its kind of a surprise. Legitimately surprised it wasnt Solano.
    Amy Adams, AKA Cinnamon Muff
    Logan Morrison: "If baseball didn't exist, I would probably be ... like a curler. Or a hairstylist."
    Noah Perio
    Jupiter
    39 AB
    15 H
    0 2B
    0 3B
    0 HR
    0 BB
    .385/.385/.385

Comment

Me too

Comment

It would've been somewhat hard to justify not calling up the guy OPS'ing over 1.100 in AAA (defensive issues be damned).

While it's obvious that this helps the team in the both the long run and this season, it does suck to see Furcal try hard to come back and be even a modicum of his former self but his body just isn't at the level. I wish Furcal a speedy recover regardless of the fact that I don't want him in the lineup again in the foreseeable future. Can't blame the player for the front office's stupidity. It's also the same reason I can't get mad at guys like Marmol/Rodriguez/Gregg. They've proven time and time again who they are as players. It's up to the front office to use common sense and make the right decisions.

Comment

Furcal, Marmol, and Gregg is one $5 million a year baseball player (assuming that the other two spots would be club controlled players to replace them on the active roster).

Maybe next year they sign 1 good player.

Comment

Originally posted by lou View Post
            Furcal, Marmol, and Gregg is one $5 million a year baseball player (assuming that the other two spots would be club controlled players to replace them on the active roster).

Maybe next year they sign 1 good player.
            You forgot Randy Wolf.

Comment

Originally posted by Erick View Post
              You forgot Randy Wolf.
              So we can make that $5.5-6 million completely wasted

Comment

Furcal will undergo season-ending hamstring surgery to remove scar tissue. Furcal went 6-25 in nine games for the Marlins.
                LHP Chad James-Jupiter Hammerheads-

5-15 3.80 ERA (27 starts) 149.1IP 173H 63ER 51BB 124K

Comment

best $3.5m we ever spent

Comment

Can we sign Wes Helms?
                    This post was brought to you by: Dat SEC Speed

Comment

Originally posted by Hugg View Post
                      best $3.5m we ever spent
                      Well, I'd really hope they insured the contract considering his injury history. So him being injured has actually likely been the better outcome than him being healthy.

Comment

Working...
                      X