No announcement yet.

Fish Open to Trade for SP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

@NickKappel: In 10 games with New Orleans, Derek Dietrich is batting .390 (16-for-41) with 6 HRs & 14 RBI. #Marlins
    Twitter

Ridiculous.

Comment

dat Furcal defense doe
      Originally posted by Madman81
      Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
      Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

Originally posted by nny View Post
        Nolasco 2.0

Considering how little Nolasco got us, I don't imagine it'd take much at all for Hammel. Though Nolasco did make nearly twice as much money.

But I really aint interested in a guy having a career year who normally is incredibly hittable.
        I just based it on what they got from Baltimore last year for Feldman,which was a young SP,live arm and IFA cash. Hammel is pretty much exactly like Feldman

As for Dietrich,not only can he play 2B/3B but in the AL he can DH. Loria is the one who hates him for the Tino thing. Redmond would probably love to have the bat up

Comment

As a side note, I am wondering what innings limits are for Eovaldi, Heaney, Koehler, DeScalfani, maybe even Alvarez...

They really need a starter now if they want to start watching counts for September

Comment

Originally posted by lou View Post
            As a side note, I am wondering what innings limits are for Eovaldi, Heaney, Koehler, DeScalfani, maybe even Alvarez...

They really need a starter now if they want to start watching counts for September
            Not saying they are good options but Hand,Turner,Dyson,Flynn can all give them a game or 2 if needed

Comment

I believe fish (Hill) already said Heaney and Desco will have no limits.
              --------------------
              It is so stupid to have DD down in AAA, while Furcal is up here barely hitting the ball. Does Loria want to win or be a dumb f'ing dick?
              Last edited by Big Z; 06-18-2014, 12:39 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

https://twitter.com/JimBowdenESPNxm

Read what Jennings said

Comment

Originally posted by tjfla View Post
                  https://twitter.com/JimBowdenESPNxm

Read what Jennings said
                  Extend Stanton with opening the check book.

Comment

Might be interesting to buy out Alvarez or Eovaldi too. They would probably take 4/$22 (eovaldi) and 4/$25 (Alvarez), give or take a million or two. Guarantees an ok arbitration number and marlins get a really cheap FA year. Would probably save Marlins $8-10 million each based on the FA year.

I think I would seriously consider Alvarez, probably wait a year on Eovaldi.

Comment

Originally posted by AdamRavs View Post
                      Extend Stanton with opening the check book.
                      Agreed. If you are going to open the checkbook, open it to secure a star player already on the team for the future. No reason to overspend in money or prospects when the chances of staying in contention are tenuous at best.
                      Amy Adams, AKA Cinnamon Muff
                      Logan Morrison: "If baseball didn't exist, I would probably be ... like a curler. Or a hairstylist."
                      Noah Perio
                      Jupiter
                      39 AB
                      15 H
                      0 2B
                      0 3B
                      0 HR
                      0 BB
                      .385/.385/.385

Comment

In an interview with MLB Network Radio, Marlins VP/GM Dan Jennings told Jim Duquette that “there will be money” available to bolster the roster by the July 31 trade deadline.

Nick Cafardo of the Boston Globe reports that the Marlins have been among the most aggressive teams in terms of scouting other teams’ systems. He adds that the Marlins are, in particular, looking for pitching help.
                        Saw this on Hardball talk

Comment

What I dont understand is...just a few weeks ago this team was "forced" to trade a high draft pick to be able to "afford" Kevin Gregg.

Something stinks.
                          Amy Adams, AKA Cinnamon Muff
                          Logan Morrison: "If baseball didn't exist, I would probably be ... like a curler. Or a hairstylist."
                          Noah Perio
                          Jupiter
                          39 AB
                          15 H
                          0 2B
                          0 3B
                          0 HR
                          0 BB
                          .385/.385/.385

Comment

Sure makes sense to me

Let's say they go out and get a SP - not top tier like Samardzija or Price, but not Brad Penny either - and hang around a little while longer. Attendance does not go up. In the offseason you can now justify trading Stanton with the following logic:

1) We have a crowded OF of Yelich, Marisnick, and Ozuna;
                            2) We "tried" to sign Stanton "numerous" times and he said no;
                            3) We "tried" to "compete" last year and even "lost" money but attendance did not improve;
                            4) This trade firms up our future by giving us (insert prospects acquired for Stanton here)

It's all part of the Make As Much Money As Possible endgame for The Jeffrey Group. Spend a little money now, save a lot of money later.
                            Originally posted by Madman81
                            Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
                            Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

Well, Todd, the words you're putting in quotes are ones you're adding yourself.

Comment

Originally posted by emkayseven View Post
                                Sure makes sense to me

Let's say they go out and get a SP - not top tier like Samardzija or Price, but not Brad Penny either - and hang around a little while longer. Attendance does not go up. In the offseason you can now justify trading Stanton with the following logic:

1) We have a crowded OF of Yelich, Marisnick, and Ozuna;
                                2) We "tried" to sign Stanton "numerous" times and he said no;
                                3) We "tried" to "compete" last year and even "lost" money but attendance did not improve;
                                4) This trade firms up our future by giving us (insert prospects acquired for Stanton here)

It's all part of the Make As Much Money As Possible endgame for The Jeffrey Group. Spend a little money now, save a lot of money later.
                                Sad that this is my thought process too. Well, more along the lines of "we need to show we're willing to spend money, so we'll leak to the press that we're going to add payroll through trades, and leak to the press who we're going after. However, we're really only going to offer Chris Seddon for David Price. And when we get declined, we'll say 'well we tried to add payroll'."

The only time we've been told we'll add payroll and something actually happened was before 2012. I don't trust anything coming out our owner's mouth.

Comment

Working...
                                X