X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Greensboro: Kyle Fischer, RHP

Discuss

http://scsuhuskies.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=650

Has some good career numbers: 32-9, 2.35 ERA in four years. 279.1 IP, 80 BB, 233 K. Had 15 CG in 41 stars, including four shutouts. Ranks atop the list of career leaders at St. Cloud State for IP (1st) and wins (tied for 1st), games started (2nd) and strikeouts (3rd).

Comment

apparently has signed:

Fischer, who ended his career at St. Cloud State in May, was taken in the 30th round (887th overall) by the Miami Marlins. He became the first St. Cloud State player drafted since 2011 when Brian Hansen was chosen in the 48th round by the Cleveland Indians. Fischer was the 13th SCSU player to be taken in the draft.

Fischer tied the team record for career wins at St. Cloud State (32) and ranks third in the program's records with 233 career strikeouts.

Fischer was walking out of a New Ulm church when he got the call from the Marlins. He had just got done shaking the bride's and groom's hands when the phone rang.

"I had a feeling it would be the Marlins," Fischer said. "Their area scout had shown the most interest in me. We had talked a few times. He just asked me if I wanted to continue playing baseball. I told him I absolutely was."

Fischer will join the Gulf Coast League Marlins to begin his pro career in Jupiter, Fla.

He flies out on Tuesday.
      He's looking forward to seeing how he ranks against the rest of the Marlins' prospects. Fischer had pitched a few innings for his hometown New Ulm Brewers to face some live hitters.
      http://www.sctimes.com/story/sports/...ways/10212727/
      Originally posted by Madman81
      Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
      Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

BA-SIGNED

Comment

Working...
        X