Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unassigned: Greg Greve, RHP

Discuss

On Twitter, https://twitter.com/ggreve32, but inactive since May 20.

http://www.ohiostatebuckeyes.com/spo...ve_751879.html

A senior this past year, went 7-4 in 14 starts. 85.2 IP, 18 BB, 40 K.

An interview with him when he was a freshman: http://www.ohiostatebuckeyes.com/spo...041511aaa.html

A Few Moments with...Fr. RHP Greg Greve

The freshman from Cleveland is only the second freshman in the last four years to start a Big Ten Conference game for the Buckeyes.

COLUMBUS, Ohio - How talented is Greg Greve, the right-handed pitcher from Ohio high school baseball power Walsh Jesuit High School? He is only the second true freshman to start on the weekend - ie: Big Ten Conference games - for Ohio State in four years. And he's only going to get better. He's only two Big Ten starts into his Ohio State career and he's learning something every day because he's more of a listener than a talker. He opened up, a bit, though, on the Indiana road trip.

I've been a fan of Ohio State my whole life. Other schools came along and offered scholarships, but Ohio State was always the place I knew I wanted to be. It has worked out perfectly.

My dad is a big Ohio State fan. He took me to a bunch of Ohio State games when I was a kid. That's how my interest in the school all started.

I was at the USC game a couple of years ago that we lost. But I remember once as a kid my dad brought me to one of the Michigan games. We had great seats. We won and after the game we went on the field and I pulled up a piece of the sod.

I have an older sister, Sarah. She graduated from Denison University and is now teaching at Notre Dame Cathedral Latin in the Cleveland area.

I couldn't be happier than being a Buckeye. The coaches and the guys on the team are awesome. And the travel we do is even better than what I thought. Being here is a dream come true.

When we travel, the looks people give when they see us in our Ohio State warm-ups is cool. Ohio State is really highly regarded everywhere we go.

My first start was tough. St. John's was a very good team. It was a rude awakening realizing that this is not high school baseball anymore. The guys are bigger, better, faster, stronger. I can't dominate with the fastball anymore. You've got to hit with your off-speed and get ahead of the batters.

I've been rooming with Drew Rucinski. He has taught me a lot, especially the importance of getting that first batter out in the inning. It is critical. The big inning is what kills you.

The coaches are always looking for any way to make us better. They always come up to me during a game and comment on what they see in the game, and make sure I am seeing it, too. They are always teaching us something.

I'm starting to throw a two-seam fastball. I was nervous my first outing throwing a two-seamer, but I'm definitely getting more and more comfortable.

I've always been a quiet, shy and reserved kid. I've never been an outgoing or crazy guy.

I like to listen. You learn more from listening than from talking. So many guys are knowledgeable on this team and just listening to what they have to say about baseball and life in general is good.

I'm majoring in business. I've gotten a 3.9 grade point average my first two quarters. It's a lot of hard work. High school prepared me well. I stay up on my work. I stay on time. And I study a lot.

Comment

BA-SIGNED

Comment

Working...
      X