Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unassigned: Nick White, RHP

Discuss

After leading Berryhill to the Oklahoma 4A championship in 2013, White emerged as the top prep pitcher in the Sooner State this spring. He was dominant at times, overmatching Cascia Hall Prep catcher Bryce Carter in a heavily scouted showdown and throwing a 17-strikeout no-hitter in April. At his best, White pitched at 89-94 mph with his fastball and paired it with a nasty 12-to-6 curveball. Scouts don't love his overhand delivery, which features more effort than they'd like, but his arm slot helps him stay on top of his curve. He'll need to develop a changeup at the next level. White has a strong 6-foot-3 frame, and he needed it to survive a heavy workload during his senior year. Overuse caught up to him by the end of the season, when he lost 3-4 mph off his fastball. Teams that didn't see him earlier in the spring may have a hard time spending the money to sign him away from Oklahoma State.
    -MLB.com
    Last edited by HUGG; 06-07-2014, 01:04 PM.

Comment

Berryhill pitcher Nick White had to make a detour while driving to Edmond on Saturday afternoon.

He received a call on his cellular phone, informing him that he had been chosen by the Miami Marlins in the 11th round of the Major League Baseball draft. He went on the 317th overall pick.

“I’m really excited. A lot of things are going through my head right now,” he said.

Marlins scout Brian Kraft phoned him with the news. But it meant White wouldn't be able to watch his girlfriend, Jessica Boone, play in the All-State softball game in Edmond.

He said he turned his car around at the Turnpike midway stop near Stroud and was headed home to meet with Marlins officials.

White has signed with Oklahoma State University, but said he was interested in getting his pro career under way.

"I want to play at the highest level I’m able to accomplish and I’m willing to do whatever it takes to do that," he said.

According to a Major League Baseball predraft profile, the 6-foot-3 right-hander was the top pitching prospect out of Oklahoma as a senior with a fastball in the 89- to 94-mph range.

White was dominant throughout his career, going 37-4 over four seasons. He was 6-3 with 157 strikeouts as a senior and 10-1 with 116 strikeouts as a junior when he helped lead the Chiefs to the Class 4A state title. He was also part of a state runner-up team as a sophomore.

He was a Tulsa World All-Metro first-team selection as a junior.
      http://www.tulsaworld.com/sportsextr...8b87638bc.html
      Originally posted by Madman81
      Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
      Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

SIGNED $350,000 $250,000 counts against pool

https://twitter.com/jimcallisMLB/sta...73530050412544

Comment

Kyle ‏@roberts12_kyle 22h
          @jimcallisMLB @_MasterWayne @Marlins @MLBDraft Ayy I took him yard in my last high school at bat can I have a contract?

Comment

Working...
          X