Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HUGG View Post
    It's also based on one game
    Missed that. That's really poor identifying the ceiling of a guy based on one observation. Also based on the report that mk7 posted about the same game, how can this guy have any scouting report on anything other than his four-seamer. Even assuming the guy misidentified 10% of the pitches that were identified as four-seamers, b-p guy is talking about less than 10 change-ups or breaking balls. How can you make a judgment on a pitch based on so few observations.

Comment

2ip 0ha 0er 2bb 2k for Kolek so far today

audio if anyone is bored: http://tunein.com/player/station/197...o_Grasshoppers

Comment

True grinder.

Comment

Somebody lit a fire.

Comment

these announcers are terrible and it's wonderful

Comment

Wonderawful.

Comment

Was at the game today. Here's what I came away with. His stuff is filthy. First 4 innings was consistently 95-97 and touching 98. It's not flat either, it's got good movement on it. Should keep the ball in the park. Command is another story. It's not awful but he walked the leadoff hitter in the first two innings, bounced some pitches and was high in the zone.

He's got an interesting windup that he doesn't repeat that well. He almost taps his toe but doesn't quite get there and then follows through.

Looked gassed by the 5th inning. His last pitches of the 4th inning were 97, 96, and 98. He was consistently 91-93 in the 5th and touched 94 a few times. His command was off as well. They wisely pulled him after the 5th.
                Originally posted by Madman81
                Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
                Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

He was gassed by the 5th inning because he's fat.

Losing 20 pounds would be good for his career and health.

Comment

He's a big dude. Looks like Clemens on the mound.

He was able to pitch in the 5th despite having 5 mph knocked off of his fastball but it wouldn't fly in the majors.

I should also note he threw almost nothing but fastballs.
                    Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.

Comment

Do you think that reducing the speed on the fastball will increase his control and stamina?
                      Did he throw any pitches besides his fastball? How did they look?
                      Glad to hear it about the good movement on his fastball.

Comment

He threw very few off speed pitches.

- - - - - - - - - -

"Do you think that reducing the speed on the fastball will increase his control and stamina? "

Hard to say, the inning I saw where he was low 90s he had even worse control than earlier in the game.

Comment

Originally posted by emkayseven View Post
                          He threw very few off speed pitches.

- - - - - - - - - -

"Do you think that reducing the speed on the fastball will increase his control and stamina? "

Hard to say, the inning I saw where he was low 90s he had even worse control than earlier in the game.
                          I wouldn't consider that inning an answer to my question. Sounds like he was clearly out of gas at that point which would reduce his control.

Comment

Is it normal for pitchers like him to only throw fastballs at this point in their career?

Comment

Originally posted by xeysz View Post
                              Is it normal for pitchers like him to only throw fastballs at this point in their career?
                              I think it would depend more on the kind of pitcher he is and where he was playing last. I'd expect he only had to throw his fastball to record outs in high school so there wasn't a motivation to work on secondary pitches and his coaches knew it. Remember he has very few professional innings under his belt.

Comment

I honestly think him even being in Greensboro right now is pretty aggressive and I'm not super worried about his stat lines for a while.

Comment

Working...
                                X