No announcement yet.

Who Do You Want with the Second Pick?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I want them to draft someone Todd has never seen, but who he will have a strong opinion about.
    poop

Comment

meh, i dont really have an opinion on anyone. I just fear Rodon because of the overwork.
      Amy Adams, AKA Cinnamon Muff
      Logan Morrison: "If baseball didn't exist, I would probably be ... like a curler. Or a hairstylist."
      Noah Perio
      Jupiter
      39 AB
      15 H
      0 2B
      0 3B
      0 HR
      0 BB
      .385/.385/.385

Comment

I prefer Jackson, just because I think Aiken is gone and Rondon is a huge risk, injury wise.

Comment

I don't want Rodon because he went to NC State. I mean, almost everyone from there ends up being a failure.

Honestly, I don't really care who we pick. I'll vote in this poll in 3 years (if the board is still here).

Comment

Dan Plesac says hi.
            --------------------
            Not sure where the 2014 draft thread went but here ya go:

RALEIGH — The connection is almost too obvious; it makes you wonder if anything ever really works out that easy.

The Miami Marlins, based near Little Havana and with a significant Cuban following in south Florida, own the No. 2 pick in the Major League Baseball draft Thursday.

N.C. State pitcher Carlos Rodon was born in Miami, is of Cuban descent, and will probably be on the board for the Marlins to take him.

Just to throw another cherry on top, the Marlins already have Jose Fernandez, one of the best young Cuban pitchers. For a franchise perpetually struggling in attendance, it would make a lot of sense to take Rodon and pair him with Fernandez.

“That would be a story and a half,” said Rodon’s father, Carlos Sr., who was born in Cuba.

But will the Marlins, who took North Carolina third baseman Colin Moran with the sixth overall pick last year, go with a college player with their pick for a third consecutive year?

“All I know is there are a lot of Cuban fans who would like it if they took Carlos,” his father said.

“Either way, it’s an honor to go in the first round and especially the top 10.”

The Houston Astros have the first overall pick and are projected by Baseball America and USA Today to take high school pitcher Brady Aiken, a left-hander from San Diego. Both media outlets have the Marlins going with high school catcher Alex Johnson, from suburban San Diego.

There are only questions before the draft’s first round begins Thursday night with Rodon and N.C. State teammate Trea Turner expected to go in the top 10 and injured East Carolina pitcher Jeff Hoffman also expected to go early in the first round.

The draft will continue with rounds No. 3 through 10 on Friday and 30 more rounds Saturday. N.C. State catcher Brett Austin and UNC shortstop Michael Russell are projected to hear their names early on Friday.

Pitchers Drew Van Orden (Duke), Logan Jernigan (N.C. State) and Benton Moss (UNC) are among area players expected to be selected by the end of the draft Saturday.

If Miami doesn’t take Rodon, he almost certainly will end up in Chicago. The White Sox have the third pick and the Cubs have the fourth.
            http://www.newsobserver.com/2014/06/...ml?sp=/99/103/
            Last edited by Miamarlin21; 06-04-2014, 11:39 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged
            LHP Chad James-Jupiter Hammerheads-

5-15 3.80 ERA (27 starts) 149.1IP 173H 63ER 51BB 124K

Comment

Dan Plesac being your best response proves my (less than serious) point.

Comment

lol. Touché.

Comment

Originally posted by Miamarlin21 View Post
                  Dan Plesac says hi.
                  --------------------
                  Not sure where the 2014 draft thread went but here ya go:

http://www.newsobserver.com/2014/06/...ml?sp=/99/103/
                  I wonder if Rodon even speaks spanish. He attended high school and college in NC. I highly doubt he will have any effect on attendance.

Comment

I don't think I ever heard him speak it the two years I was there.

Comment

I voted for Rodon, but I'd honestly be happy with Jackson, Kolek, or Aiken also.

Comment

Originally posted by sports24/7 View Post
                        I voted for Rodon, but I'd honestly be happy with Jackson, Kolek, or Aiken also.
                        Same, it is hard to fuck up the 2nd pick end of the day.

But I really want Fernandez, Eovaldi, Heaney, Alvarez, and Rodon in 2016. That could be scary.

Comment

I don't have a problem with Rodon's overuse. As we've seen even coddled pitchers get injured. Pitchers just get hurt. Draft him, sign him, and ride him while he lasts.
                          Originally posted by Madman81
                          Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
                          Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

Just because coddled pitchers can get injured doesn't make overuse justifiable. It makes it that much more egregious, actually.
                            Amy Adams, AKA Cinnamon Muff
                            Logan Morrison: "If baseball didn't exist, I would probably be ... like a curler. Or a hairstylist."
                            Noah Perio
                            Jupiter
                            39 AB
                            15 H
                            0 2B
                            0 3B
                            0 HR
                            0 BB
                            .385/.385/.385

Comment

Frisaro, like Heyman, also brought up the idea of bringing up Rodon this year (August). I mean this only makes sense if we are in the race. I'm not sure why Houston doesn't take this kid instead of a HS arm. They're not too far away from contention themselves. They will soon have Correia and Appel up at the ML level.

Comment

Appel is kinda awful right now.
                                poop

Comment

Working...
                                X