No announcement yet.

Derek Dietrich to New Orleans, to Work on Defense

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah, that's why I wouldn't have done it. In the vacuum of just his performance, I think he's been struggling for a while now. But he's still the best option we have.

Comment

Furcal was lifted from his game today as well after going 2-3; however, that game was a blowout and he was lifted late so I'm not sure if we should read into it too much.

Comment

Hechavarria is safe in the lineup no questions asked though. That is all that really matters.
        Amy Adams, AKA Cinnamon Muff
        Logan Morrison: "If baseball didn't exist, I would probably be ... like a curler. Or a hairstylist."
        Noah Perio
        Jupiter
        39 AB
        15 H
        0 2B
        0 3B
        0 HR
        0 BB
        .385/.385/.385

Comment

Originally posted by Namaste View Post
          What is weird to me is that he looked above average defensively in ST. Its like he gets nervous in real games or something.

#MyEyesAreBetterThanAdvancedStats
          might have the yips after getting faceplanted by a ball in spring training. didn't he break his nose or something?

Comment

Originally posted by Todd View Post
            Hechavarria is safe in the lineup no questions asked though. That is all that really matters.
            BUT THE STATS LIE. Remember! Hech is amazing at everything and deserves praise for every groundout he's ever hit!!!!

I hate Dietrich getting the sh*t he does from the front office, Redmond and such the last two years, but now seeing those hitting numbers the last while I can understand the move. I'd still rather see Dietrich in the lineup than Furcal who I'm going to assume is who is getting called up.

Comment

Bye guys.
              "You owe it to yourself to find your own unorthodox way of succeeding, or sometimes, just surviving."
              - Michael Johnson

J.T. Realmuto .282/.351/.412

Comment

@JoeFrisaro: am hearing Furcal won't be just yet. Not rushing him yet #Marlins
                Twitter

Comment

Anyone who watches the games and has seen his defensive play should be happy he's gone. His horrible play has led to no fewer than 6 unearned runs or runs entering on errors when they shouldn't have. No fewer than 3 games have been decided by one of his errors leading to the winning run, including the game a few days ago against ATL when he has all day to turn a double play, but decided to plant his foot ON THE BAG (instead of heeling the side) and jump up into the air to make a gliding throw to first which came up woefully short and allowed a run to score. I am happy to see him gone. He's garbage defensively. I can't see him playing 2nd, much less the harder positions of SS and 3B. No more than a bench warmer.
                  STANTON

Serious fun! GET IT IN!

Comment

lol
                    poop

Comment

And this is besides the fact that he has NO RANGE or instinct toward hard grounders. Aside from the errors I've seen about 10 balls or more than a well-regarded 2nd baseman would reach. Those show up as hits and you wouldn't know they are errors but they might as well be.

These are the types of plays that demoralize pitchers. He misses ROUTINE plays consistently. I would do the same thing as Red or the FO to protect my starters. He's one of the worst defensively infielders I have seen on our club.
                      STANTON

Serious fun! GET IT IN!

Comment

Dietrich also saved a game for us last week with his heads up backing up of 1st in Washington. Dietrich played a lot of 2nd base for us last season and was just fine. He had a rough couple of months defensively to start this season, it happens. He was still hitting at a clip that warranted him being our starting 2nd baseman at least against RHP. His defensive play would've stabilized.

Comment

Originally posted by BigGameFish View Post
                          And this is besides the fact that he has NO RANGE or instinct toward hard grounders. Aside from the errors I've seen about 10 balls or more than a well-regarded 2nd baseman would reach. Those show up as hits and you wouldn't know they are errors but they might as well be.

These are the types of plays that demoralize pitchers. He misses ROUTINE plays consistently. I would do the same thing as Red or the FO to protect my starters. He's one of the worst defensively infielders I have seen on our club.
                          He does one thing poorly, yes. You are correct.

They have a dude who plays 35 feet to Dietrich's left who doesn't really do anything well on a baseball field. Why not be mad at him?
                          poop

Comment

BigGameFish, I fart in your general direction.

Comment

If it is Bour, they'll have to make a 40-man spot.
                              --------------------
                              Guys, JCR thinks it is Bour. What did I say last week? Call him up on June 4 when they start playing in AL parks. They'll transfer Capps to the 60-day Disabled List I assume.
                              Last edited by Miamarlin21; 06-03-2014, 10:25 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged
                              LHP Chad James-Jupiter Hammerheads-

5-15 3.80 ERA (27 starts) 149.1IP 173H 63ER 51BB 124K

Comment

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Comment

Working...
                                X