Marlins Dominate on Disco Night, Crush Dodgers 13-3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Postgame: Marlins Dominate on Disco Night, Crush Dodgers 13-3

Great Major League debut by Anthony DeSclafani. Good to see the Fish win a game.

Also, Randy Wolf got his first save in his big league career in his debut with the Marlins!
    LHP Chad James-Jupiter Hammerheads-

5-15 3.80 ERA (27 starts) 149.1IP 173H 63ER 51BB 124K

DeSclafani looked great.

Drew Butera made Ozuna look silly.
    --------------------
    Ozuna's in a freefall.
    Last edited by Bobbob1313; 05-15-2014, 12:35 AM. Reason: Doublepost Merged
    poop

Comment

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mXWVIdr76i4[/ame]

Comment

Disco deserves another start. Would definitely rather see him than Wolf.
        --------------------
        Worst case scenario, he seems like a nice guy to have in the pen. Mid-90's, lots of strikes, and a pretty nice curve.
        --------------------
        Career 1.8 BB/9 in the minor leagues. Dude pounds the strikezone.
        Last edited by Mainge; 05-15-2014, 12:43 AM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

Ya'll know I've always been a fan of DeSclafani. Hell I'm even shocked he did this well today. Seemed like a guy who was being fed to the sharks, but he really held his own. He's progressed pretty well since being drafted as a reliever. Obviously he earned another start after pitching the way he did today. I'm truly rooting for the guy. Everything I've heard from people who know DeSclafani say he's a down to earth guy who's a damn hard worker and a good clubhouse person. You could probably see that by all the former teammates following his start on twitter today.

Can't wait to see who of DeSclafani/Conley/Heaney/Flynn/Urena/Nicolino can emerge as the future starters after Fernandez/Eovaldi/Alvarez.
          --------------------
          Originally posted by Bobbob1313 View Post
          DeSclafani looked great.

Drew Butera made Ozuna look silly.
          --------------------
          Ozuna's in a freefall.
          Don't know about you, but I'd say Reed Johnson has earned extended playing time ala Ruggiano back in 2012. Possibly bring up a Jensen/Bogusevic to take over Johnson's role as pinch hitter and let Reed start.
          Last edited by dim; 05-15-2014, 02:41 AM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

It's pretty hard to get a hm in. You don't want to platoon him with a developing Yelich, and it's hard to take Ozuna out against lefties.

We need a DH.

Comment

Victory

Comment

Originally posted by Mainge View Post
                It's pretty hard to get a hm in. You don't want to platoon him with a developing Yelich
                especially since Yelich is hitting .378/.429/.514 vs. lefties and .239/.321/.402 vs. righties

that obviously won't last, but that's ridiculous

Comment

Originally posted by dim View Post
                  Don't know about you, but I'd say Reed Johnson has earned extended playing time ala Ruggiano back in 2012. Possibly bring up a Jensen/Bogusevic to take over Johnson's role as pinch hitter and let Reed start.
                  He's 37 and can't hit right-handed pitching.
                  poop

Comment

Working...
                  X