Marlins Sign Randy Wolf, Will Join Rotation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nny View Post
    Flynn is 24 with a season's worth of time spent at AAA with a 3.03 ERA.

If he can't be serviceable now, he's probably not going to be useful down the road. This isn't a Kensing/RVH/Jose 20 year old from A ball scenario. And Hand is out of options, so you have to figure out what you have with him or cut him loose.

If the team's not winning, then all the more reason to give experience to younger guys. Also, while we are not going to be playoff contenders, winning is still important in terms of convincing Stanton to sign.

I already say this is a whatever move but those are poor excuses to go with Wolf over those two.
    I think those are totally valid arguments.
    poop

Comment

Originally posted by ¿NICK? View Post
      Where is all the pitching depth the FO was championing this spring?
      1-2 years away. The "B" squad of Heaney, Nicolino, Conley, Flynn, DeScalfani, and Urena aren't quite ready yet (despite the spot upcoming for DeScalfani), and there are other legitimate prospects (Brice, Williams, etc) behind them too. They have depth, but it really doesn't materialize until next summer when these guys all have a year or two of AA/AAA under their belts. Saying that, I'm surprised they aren't giving Flynn a shot. They do have to figure out what they have in these guys.

Comment

They can send Wolf down to the minors at any point during the first 45 days of his contract, so largest shrug ever.
        poop

Comment

What I don't understand is why bring up Desclafani if they knew there were gonna sign Wolf? They could have just let Slowely/Hand start tonight and then on Thursday DFA Rodriguez and sign Wolf. That would keep Jennings up. Now they'll send Disco down and have to call up another reliever.
          LHP Chad James-Jupiter Hammerheads-

5-15 3.80 ERA (27 starts) 149.1IP 173H 63ER 51BB 124K

Comment

bro

it's Slowey

been telling you this for like 2 years and I just can't handle it anymore
            Originally posted by Madman81
            Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
            Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

And I know it's Slowey. My fingers just want to type that extra l in it.
              LHP Chad James-Jupiter Hammerheads-

5-15 3.80 ERA (27 starts) 149.1IP 173H 63ER 51BB 124K

Comment

RT @JCRMarlinsbeat: RHP Anthony DeSclafani to remain in the #Marlins rotation for time being. LHP Randy Wolf will continue working in relief.

Wolf was already stretched out as a starter, so this is promising.
                poop

Comment

good
                  Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.

Comment

Originally posted by Bobbob1313 View Post
                    RT @JCRMarlinsbeat: RHP Anthony DeSclafani to remain in the #Marlins rotation for time being. LHP Randy Wolf will continue working in relief.

Wolf was already stretched out as a starter, so this is promising.
                    Very cool.

Comment

Big fan of this. Give DeSclafani in and give him a chance with Wolf still available as insurance.

Comment

Getting ready for our playoff push early

Signed Miguel Tejada to a Minor League Deal

Comment

hit .288/.317/.378 last season (167pa)

.329/.372/.411 vs. righties (78pa)

can't play SS anymore

Comment

Juan C. Rodriguez ‏@JCRMarlinsbeat 14m
                            #Marlins RHP Anthony DeSclafani optioned to NOLA postgame. Wolf to start Sunday vs. #Brewers

Comment

Well, that's disappointing.

Though, DeSclafani probably shouldn't be up anyways.
                              poop

Comment

he'll only be in the rotation until Heaney is ready in July

Comment

Working...
                                X