X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Desclafani to Replace Fernandez

MK called it.

Jacksonville Suns @SunsBaseball ยท 9m
    Suns Announce Roster Move : @ADeSclafani promoted to the @Marlins from Jacksonville, will make his @MLB debut tomorrow vs. the @Dodgers
    LHP Chad James-Jupiter Hammerheads-

5-15 3.80 ERA (27 starts) 149.1IP 173H 63ER 51BB 124K

He's probably better than Koehler.
    poop

Comment

I wonder who will be sent down. There is a 40-man spot open currently. Maybe Jennings?

Comment

How about the guy who's averaging about a walk an inning between AAA and the majors.

Comment

I'm actually surprised. Although with Conley on the DL, and Heaney waiting for the Super 2 date, I GUESS it works.

But Desclafani isn't lighting the world on fire in AA, and Flynn has both major league experience already on his side AND better numbers in AAA this year than Desclafani in AA.

I would've rather seen Flynn get the call. Desclafani is likely gonna get wrecked by major league hitters.

Comment

Can't the team move Fernandez to the 60-day DL?

Comment

Dim, Heaney just pitched two days ago, so that was out of the question. Flynn would be pitching on short rest (a day). And Marlinsfan, they have a 40-man spot open, they just need to move someone off the 25-man roster.

Comment

Considering it I'm not too upset. I understand the short rest issue, and given that Desclafani is likely a low end of the rotation guy at best and more likely a bullpen arm, it doesn't hurt too much to throw him into the fire.

Still don't feel DeSclafani is anywhere close to ready and Flynn fits in the rotation for the upcoming month a lot better, but I guess we just have a find a way to get through the next month before Heaney can get called up.

Comment

I think worrying about remaining competitive at this point is maybe not something we should do.
                  poop

Comment

Hill called Desclafani "Desco" I love it. (Pronounced Disco)
                    Last edited by Miamarlin21; 05-13-2014, 10:29 PM.

Comment

Before anyone starts the Jeff Samardzija talk-dont look for it unless the Cubs drop the price.

They started with Andrew Heaney

We are however looking for a veteran arm and have made it know that Jake Marisnick and other prospects(No Heaney or Moran) will be trade chips

Comment

We all know we're not getting Samardzija. Know your audience.

Comment

Working...
                        X