No announcement yet.

Marlins Double Up Dodgers 6-3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just heard on MLB Network that over the last 7 home games we are 7-0 with a +31 run differential.

#cheaters

Comment

I like that Koehler's creating a lot of ground ball outs (at least tonight).

For long term sustainability he needs to strike people out, and he's been lucky to be as good as he's been, but it's obvious that his stuff has improved since his first stint in the majors.

I think for the next few years he can be a really solid #4 or 5 starter with a potential to be a #3 starter if he ever starts striking people out. I'm not sure what his long term future is with the rotation, but I'm excited that he's gone from guy categorized as AAAA player for life (similar to Vilanueva currently is now) to legitimate player to throw into the conversation as lower end rotation guys.

Let's enjoy it and see if he can start putting people away with swing and misses. We've seen him improve over the last few years, lets see if we could push that potential a little bit more even.

Comment

Originally posted by nny View Post
        Just that Koehler isn't this good
        I don't think anyone is saying that Koehler is this good.

Comment

Well, 1 guy is

Comment

this board is fun when we're winning
            Originally posted by Madman81
            Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
            Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

why did he title it at all?

Why did Daft title his last post "5"
              Last edited by HUGG; 05-03-2014, 10:01 AM. Reason: seriously, it's weird

Comment

Accidental.

Anyway, sometimes we do this dumb thing at Soflamarlins.com where a guy pitches his ass off against a good offense and some people just say, "he's not nearly this good"

Uhhhhhhhhhhhh. Enjoy the moment.

Comment

Does anyone have an opinion on Jennings being sent down?
                  LHP Chad James-Jupiter Hammerheads-

5-15 3.80 ERA (27 starts) 149.1IP 173H 63ER 51BB 124K

Comment

Originally posted by Namaste View Post
                    Accidental.

Anyway, sometimes we do this dumb thing at Soflamarlins.com where a guy pitches his ass off against a good offense and some people just say, "he's not nearly this good"

Uhhhhhhhhhhhh. Enjoy the moment.

Yeah you definitely can't enjoy the moment and discuss the Marlins in a critical way. That's for sure.

Comment

I agree.

Enjoy the moment (enjoy the win for a few hours) and then get to the critical thinking.

Comment

Doesn't make sense to say "the guy is not this good" when...HE WAS THAT GOOD. I mean I guess you can say "law of averages" but the proof shows he has the potential to pitch GREAT. He's been stellar this season and last night is evidence of his ceiling potential. Don't think it was a fluke start, which is what "he's not this good" suggests.
                        STANTON

Serious fun! GET IT IN!

Comment

Luck is a thing and Koehler has been the benefactor of a ton of it.

Comment

Koehler this year
                            BABIP .215
                            LOB 85.8
                            FIP 4.41
                            xFIP 4.57
                            Koehler last year
                            FIP 4.27
                            xFIP 4.28

Stats say he's been lucky. And one could argue he actually pitched better last year with his worse stuff. I'll take him as a cheap 5 any day of the week and a cheap 4 on a shitty team.

Comment

Originally posted by Mainge View Post
                              Luck is a thing and Koehler has been the benefactor of a ton of it.
                              That's fine, but you were a wet blanket 7 posts into the thread. This is the most exciting Marlins team since 2009, aside from a brief stretch in 2012, right now. Enjoy it. There will be plenty of time to say everyone is regressing to the mean in June.

Comment

Originally posted by Namaste View Post
                                Jacob Turner is a #5 on this team at best
                                --------------------
                                Miami 2.5 games behind Atlanta
                                --------------------
                                Miami has a better record than 16 other teams in MLB

All over Beefs FACE
                                That is not how this works, guy that said this team will not see .500 again!

Comment

Working...
                                X