No announcement yet.

4/23 The Fightin's Vs. The Braves

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Too many mistakes. Hech killed us today. That error leading to the first run was a routine play and Eovaldi was rolling. Then he couldn't get down a bunt in a key situation.
    --------------------
    It's frustrating to see all this little things causing us to lose. The youth of the team is definitely showing. Too many errors. Too many missed opportunities to bring in runs. Too many squeaky reliever appearances. The one thing that's been consistently awesome is the starting pitching.

This is basically a .400-.500 team: good enough to compete, but not good enough to win games against elite teams because they take advantage of our mistakes.
    Last edited by BigGameFish; 04-23-2014, 02:17 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged
    STANTON

Serious fun! GET IT IN!

Comment

Originally posted by AdamRavs View Post
      Yes but not the biggest issue. Defense is also the other issue.

Also Salty has a huge hole in his swing right now.
      Yeah, the defense has been pretty bad, as well.
      --------------------
      Originally posted by BigGameFish View Post
      Too many mistakes. Hech killed us today. That error leading to the first run was a routine play and Eovaldi was rolling. Then he couldn't get down a bunt in a key situation.
      --------------------
      It's frustrating to see all this little things causing us to lose. The youth of the team is definitely showing. Too many errors. Too many missed opportunities to bring in runs. Too many squeaky reliever appearances. The one thing that's been consistently awesome is the starting pitching.

This is basically a .400-.500 team: good enough to compete, but not good enough to win games against elite teams because they take advantage of our mistakes.
      That's a huge difference.
      Last edited by Erick; 04-23-2014, 02:18 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

I mean a team that falls between those numbers, hence "-"

78 Ks in the series between the two teams is most ever in a Marlins 3-game series
        STANTON

Serious fun! GET IT IN!

Comment

Originally posted by BigGameFish View Post
          I mean a team that falls between those numbers, hence "-"
          Yeah but my point is that that's too wide of a range to know what you're saying.

.500 is an average team while .400 is last year's Minnesota Twins bad.

Comment

Anybody know why Mike Dunn stayed in the game to pitch to Dan Uggla with 2 outs and a man on 1st?

As far as I know, the Braves had no lefties left on their bench and Ramos was ready in the bullpen.

And if there was any concern that Red would "waste" Ramos to get one out... with the pitchers spot due up 4th, Red has shown he will double switch McGehee out of the lineup.

Not that big of a deal, but it seemed like an odd decision at the time.

Comment

Originally posted by TealMonster08 View Post
              Anybody know why Mike Dunn stayed in the game to pitch to Dan Uggla with 2 outs and a man on 1st?

As far as I know, the Braves had no lefties left on their bench and Ramos was ready in the bullpen.

And if there was any concern that Red would "waste" Ramos to get one out... with the pitchers spot due up 4th, Red has shown he will double switch McGehee out of the lineup.

Not that big of a deal, but it seemed like an odd decision at the time.
              Red has also shown he shouldn't be a big league manager.

Comment

To be fair, Dan Uggla has become a terrible hitter so wasting a reliever just to pitch to him is probably not a great move.

Comment

Originally posted by Erick View Post
                  Yeah but my point is that that's too wide of a range to know what you're saying.

.500 is an average team while .400 is last year's Minnesota Twins bad.
                  Yeah, it's literally saying we're somewhere between a 65-81 win team

That's quite a margin

Comment

Ok, you're right. To be more precise, lets say a team that finishes plus or minus 4 around 72 wins
                    STANTON

Serious fun! GET IT IN!

Comment

Working...
                    X