4/21 Marlins at Braves

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bobbob1313 View Post
    All of this stuff probably makes a pretty negligible impact on w/l totals at the end of the season, but it's still symptomatic of a larger organizational philosophy.
    This, to me, is the issue. Not Redmond. It wasn't Redmond that signed Garrett Jones and told him he'd start against lefties. That was on the FO. So him not being platooned is likely on the FO.
    --------------------
    (not really defending Redmond though, fuck him)
    Last edited by nny; 04-22-2014, 12:05 AM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

The little things add up. At this point i would say its cost us at least 2 wins already. Which is the difference of being over .500 rather than under.

Comment

Maybe the FO and Red are trying to feel out how these pieces will play for us here. I mean it's still very early in the year. There's still time for adjustments. I think this could be particularly true with the relatively high number of new starters we have this season. Plus the fact that a lot of these guys brought in as 1 or 2 year contracts are probably trade bait and they want to make it look to the rest of MLB that we like them.
        Last edited by BigGameFish; 04-22-2014, 10:19 AM.
        STANTON

Serious fun! GET IT IN!

Comment

Originally posted by AdamRavs View Post
          The little things add up. At this point i would say its cost us at least 2 wins already. Which is the difference of being over .500 rather than under.
          Except you really don't have any idea how every specific game would turn out with a different manager. It's an impossible thing to argue, and it probably balances out more or less over the course of a season.

Most MLB managers are working with the same data and are making decisions based on a pretty narrow range of possibilities.
          poop

Comment

Originally posted by BigGameFish View Post
            Maybe the FO and Red are trying to feel out how these pieces will play for us here. I mean it's still very early in the year. There's still time for adjustments. I think this could be particularly true with the relatively high number of new starters we have this season. Plus the fact that a lot of these guys brought in as 1 or 2 year contracts are probably trade bait and they want to make it look to the rest of MLB that we like them.
            It's pretty obvious that Garrett Jones is not going to hit left-handed pitching. I'm not sure what there is to feel out. This organization does some really dumb things.

Comment

Working...
            X