No announcement yet.

Marlins Blow 5-0 Lead, Marmol Gives Up Grand Slam to Werth; WSH 10 MIA 8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Postgame: Marlins Blow 5-0 Lead, Marmol Gives Up Grand Slam to Werth; WSH 10 MIA 8

That one hurt.

Marlins did lots of good things and lots of bad things.

I wonder how many times this team has gotten 14 hits and lost.

That was poop.
    poop

Comment

(by PHI you mean WAS)

or i actually have no idea what's going on. didn't we lose 10-7?

Comment

Really amazing with all the arm talent they are using Marmol in high leverage spots.

I hope for Redmonds sake this is a command from the top.

Comment

I typed it on my very stupid phone.

We lost to WASHINGTON 10-8, Namaste.

I still think Dietrich should play 3B. He made some ridiculously great defensive plays in Spring Training. Growing pains.

Marmol can't be used to protect one run leads in the 8th on the road. Can.Not.

Comment

I'd say developing Dietrich long term at 2nd should be more of an organizational priority.
            poop

Comment

If you're going to IBB Rendon to face Jayson Werth (dumb to begin with), the least Redmond could've done was bring in Steve Cishek.

With a pitcher like Marmol, you're better off having 1B open and hoping that Marmol gets hitters to chase his slider. The odds of Marmol getting a double play are slim to none.

Then again, Redmond could've just brought in his second best reliever, A.J. Ramos, to set it up for his best reliever. Instead, he used one of his worst relievers.

Comment

Originally posted by BigGameFish View Post
                Loading the bases was a smart move. That third runner is meaningless when we only have 3 outs left to bat. Either down two or down three with three outs is not a huge difference, especially with the bottom of the order due up. Walking to load bases allows a force at home or double play ball. The only difference that walk made was a hit that scores all three runners - a hit down the line or over the wall or in the gaps. It was the right move in my opinion. Rendon has been hot anyway. Unfortunately Marmol through a 4 seamer right down the pipe when he was ahead in the count 0-1 and knowing that Werth will swing on the next pitch. Dumb!

I think loading the bases for super wild Carlos Marmol is pretty dumb

Comment

Carlos Marmol has induced a double play on 6% of chances in his career. Major-league average is 11%.

So yeah, not gonna happen.
                  poop

Comment

Yeah loading the bases was dumb. Nothing good can come from letting Jayson Werth bat with the bases loaded.

I'm a fan of Marmol. I like him when he's used properly, which was the way he was used during his first four appearances. I don't want to see him pitching in high leverage situations. Ramos should've been pitching.

Dietrich will be fine defensively. He'll never be a gold glover, but he's not going to be this sloppy all year. I agree with bobbob that the team needs to make it a priority to develop him at 2B long term. I think he's got a long term future with the team at 2B, not at 3B.

Some bad defense and some poor managerial decisions sunk this team. Other than that, it was simply the Nationals being a super talented team. That Bryce Harper home run was godly.

Comment

Isn't Werth their hottest hitter so far this season? I don't get Redmond's obsession with bringing in Marmol on tight situations, I know he's not that stupid. Marmol should've pitched last night and Ramos tonight. It hurts to lose these games. Terrible strategy Red!

Comment

Rendon is pretty hot too.

Comment

I mean, he's alright looking, but now we know your type.
                          --------------------

Brian McCann's gonna be soooooo mad at Jayson Werth.
                          Last edited by Bobbob1313; 04-09-2014, 11:17 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged
                          poop

Comment

I like em in high school, remember?

Comment

Any idea why McGehee was lifted from the game?

Comment

Working...
                              X