X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Madman81 View Post
    May I add "things" to the list?

Or do we not do those anymore?
    We do not really do anything around here anymore, boys.
    poop

Comment

Who's not here anymore who used to be here?

Comment

Lefty
        --------------------
        Longview
        Last edited by Mainge; 04-05-2014, 08:49 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

Everyone, kinda. Even the people that do post don't do it nearly as often.
          poop

Comment

That's disappointing.

Comment

Originally posted by Bobbob1313 View Post
              Everyone, kinda. Even the people that do post don't do it nearly as often.
              It's almost like we're all not 20 years old anymore.

Comment

I don't really think that explains it entirely.
                poop

Comment

I have never stopped enjoying this board though I have a lot less time to post than I used to. Just food for thought.

The great thing about the board is that for the most part people know each other, their personalities, and their views on specific players/issues. A close-knit group is a lot more fun than a "Marlins are cool/Marlins suck so bad OMG" forum.

Comment

The other board just had more active users and JJ was really kind of the catalyst to a lot of discussions, serious or not.

Also, hi.

Comment

Whats wrong w my punctuation

Comment

For what it's worth, I do not think that the team is awful. I even said it at times last year. They only lost 100 last year because the first couple of months were historically awful. After May, they were more meh than awful. The team even had a prolonged stretch playing .500 ball despite the terrible offense.

As for the stats thing, I'm not a scout or anything so the stats, to me, are an indicator of what is likely to occur.

I'm not going to think that Adeiny Hechavarria is a good hitter now because he's been going the other way or whatever for a handful of games.
                        For what it's worth, I believe Hech is better defensively than the stats say so there's that. He clearly has the hands/tools to be a great defensive player statistically which is something you can see by watching the games.

I agree that some of the young players can exceed expectations.

Also, I did say the Steve Cishek thing despite the stats saying he wasn't that special at the time so there's that.

But I also said that Chris Coghlan looked good defensively one time. Beef knows.

Me not posting here as much is proof that I am not as douchey as I once was. In hindsight, I was once the board leader in douche and I don't want to be that guy anymore. I don't think stat heads are the reason for the lack of activity, but this stat head has said several dumb things on here so non-stat heads shouldn't feel too bad when I have a moment or whatever.

I asked for expectations earlier in the thread to see what "different" meant.
                        I think the team could go .500 if some things go right. That's different from last year. It'll also be more exciting than last year, but long-term it's not that exciting because it doesn't really accomplish anything, imo.

Also, Frank Menechino is the best hitting coach ever.

Comment

Really, record's irrelevant this season. If Ozuna and Marisnick look like league-average hitters and Hechavarria can even put up a .650 OPS, I'd be pretty happy even if they lose a bunch. Those things would go a long way to making me feel good about this long-term core.

I also think I had more fun watching last season's team than the previous one. 2012 had expectations as well as no Jose.
                          poop

Comment

For those who do believe that this team can make the playoffs, I will say that I don't think that the National League is very good this year. With two wildcards, I guess it's at least possible that we could be competitive for awhile. I think that the Nationals, Cardinals and Dodgers are very good and I expect the Braves to be good despite injuries, but I really can't name a fifth team that stands out.

Comment

I've been around since the old site and though I don't post much I always check in to see if anything new has been posted or if there are any interesting discussion. But I pick and choose my spots to post. Sometimes, the inane arguing can be disheartening but that happens more during the offseason. I just love to talk about my favorite team, shares thoughts, and hear others.
                              STANTON

Serious fun! GET IT IN!

Comment

Working...
                              X