No announcement yet.

Nathan Eovaldi Lifts Marlins to Win

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So, if he continues to pitch well, his market value will increase, but it won't increase. Got it.
    poop

Comment

Originally posted by dim View Post
      My biggest problem is I don't think we'd get even close to an A- or so prospect for Cishek. Cishek's worked super under the radar for three years now. I have no way of knowing this obviously, but I don't see other GM's valuing Cishek to the level that he actually performs.
      I mean, what?

Comment

I think it's perfectly fine to think the Marlins need to hang on to their good players. It's about fucking time they did that.

I just think relievers tend to not be worth the trouble.
        poop

Comment

Originally posted by Bobbob1313 View Post
          I think it's perfectly fine to think the Marlins need to hang on to their good players. It's about fucking time they did that.

I just think relievers tend to not be worth the trouble.
          I agree. If they were going to keep Cishek, I think they should have done this before 2013, where he only had 18 saves to his name and a year and a half of service time. I think they could have done something like 5/$20 at that time, likely with options. That might be worth it.

It's still hard to dish out that kind of coin to a reliever though, especially one with an arm angle like his, but if you really believe in the guy, that's the kind of lowball deal to try and save some bucks in arbitration and get a FA year or two. As with everything, the Marlins wait a year to long before making decisions on players longterm. I mean Chris Archer gets a deal and the Marlins aren't running to sign Fernandez?

Saying that, I still don't think I commit that kind of money to a reliever with that service time. It's just to much risk and not the trouble.

Comment

Originally posted by Namaste View Post
            Chance MK7 whiffs the game thread: 30%
            Not even close, Namaste.

Common.

Comment

one time!
              Originally posted by Madman81
              Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
              Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

Working...
              X