X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bobbob likes to 69, one time.
    This post was brought to you by: Dat SEC Speed

Comment

I figured his neck beard and fedora would make 69ing difficult for him and unpleasant for her
      Amy Adams, AKA Cinnamon Muff
      Logan Morrison: "If baseball didn't exist, I would probably be ... like a curler. Or a hairstylist."
      Noah Perio
      Jupiter
      39 AB
      15 H
      0 2B
      0 3B
      0 HR
      0 BB
      .385/.385/.385

Comment

Mariano Rivera and Trevor Hoffman both put their names in the baseball record books. Now, Major League Baseball is putting their names on a new pair of awards.

Top relievers in each league will now be given either the "Mariano Rivera American League Reliever of the Year Award" or the "Trevor Hoffman National League Reliever of the Year Award."

Though he's not in the Hall of Fame yet, all-time saves leader Mariano Rivera will have his name on a new postseason award.
        Both retired closers spent their entire careers in just one league -- Rivera pitched 19 seasons with the New York Yankees and Hoffman saved games for the San Diego Padres and Milwaukee Brewers over an 18-year career.

"Both Mariano and Trevor represented our sport magnificently on and off the mound and earned the universal respect of our fans in their legendary careers," MLB commissioner Bud Selig said Wednesday. "I believe it is appropriate to redefine an existing award in honor of their contributions to baseball, and I am delighted that many of the most decorated relievers in history will select the winners."

The new pair of awards will be voted on by a nine-man panel that consists of the four living Hall of Fame relievers (Dennis Eckersley, Rollie Fingers, Rich "Goose" Gossage and Bruce Sutter), as well as Lee Smith, John Franco and Billy Wagner, who are each in the top five for career saves. Rivera (652 saves) and Hoffman (601) are the top two in career saves and round out the voters.

Previously the award for MLB's top reliever was given to just one player over both leagues and was called the "Delivery Man of the Year Award."

Rivera, a 13-time All-Star, retired after last season. Hoffman recorded his last save in 2010.
        http://espn.go.com/mlb/story/_/id/10...rds-named-them
        LHP Chad James-Jupiter Hammerheads-

5-15 3.80 ERA (27 starts) 149.1IP 173H 63ER 51BB 124K

Comment

and Hoffman saved games for the San Diego Padres and Milwaukee Brewers
          and Florida Marlins!
          Originally posted by Madman81
          Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
          Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

Another one goes does. Matt Moore likely needs Tommy John. That's 10 pitchers I think so far this year.

Comment

Fucking Sean Cunningham smh

Comment

Kevin Kouzmanoff is hitting .450/.522/.750 for the Rangers #PlanA
                poop

Comment

Apparently the Padres are thinking that JJ may need Tommy John again. He cannot get a break.

Comment

Fucking Sean Cunningham smh

Comment

Did anyone see Puig pimping his 300 ft fly out to RF in San Fran?

Comment

I love Puig. Troll so hard.
                        This post was brought to you by: Dat SEC Speed

Comment

Everyone should

Comment

Originally posted by Miamarlin21 View Post
                            Another one goes does. Matt Moore likely needs Tommy John. That's 10 pitchers I think so far this year.
                            Wouldn't surprise me with the way pitchers are catching UCL injuries like a cold this year. I think there's already been somewhere around 20 Tommy John surgeries done on major and minor league pitchers so far this year. It's insane.

Comment

Sean Cunningham smh

Comment

Is Chad Qualls Houston ' s closer???

Comment

Working...
                                X