Fish Lower Ticket Prices

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fish Lower Ticket Prices

The Marlins have lowered tickets prices in all sections, team President David Samson said. Depending on the section, the drop in prices ranges from 6 percent to 69 percent for season-ticket plans and 11 percent to 55 percent for individual-game tickets.

The Marlins were promoting a new season-ticket deal for left field bullpen reserved sections dubbed Jose's Heroes in honor of Fernandez, the 2013 NL Rookie of the Year. The 81-game package goes for $499, which is about $6 a game, and includes perks.
    http://touch.sun-sentinel.com/#secti.../p2p-79321512/

$500 for 81 games is insane. I went to Winter warmup on Saturday, and most of the Jose Heroes section was sold out according to the salesman.

By the way, did they already install the new grass? If so, it still looks terrible.

http://mlb.mlb.com/mia/ticketing/sea...sp#full-season

How come ticket packages are only available for seats in the infield? Is this a phased roll out? Have they caught on to what people were doing?!?

Kudos to them though. Over the last two years they have adjusted ticket prices that were, by their own estimation, very aggressive going into the new stadium.

The new grass has been in since the start of 2013. The sun is lower in the sky this time of year which just magnifies the problems they are having. The south side of the stadium is casts shadows that reduce reduce or completely block certain parts of the field from getting sunlight.
    --------------------
    The Jose packages are to get people in the garages. They will continue to bleed money if they average 19K a game and the garages are a quarter full.
    Last edited by Party; 02-17-2014, 07:55 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

Is it possible to take public transit from Brickell to the games?
      This post was brought to you by: Dat SEC Speed

Comment

Originally posted by Party View Post
        http://mlb.mlb.com/mia/ticketing/sea...sp#full-season

How come ticket packages are only available for seats in the infield? Is this a phased roll out? Have they caught on to what people were doing?!?

Kudos to them though. Over the last two years they have adjusted ticket prices that were, by their own estimation, very aggressive going into the new stadium.

The new grass has been in since the start of 2013. The sun is lower in the sky this time of year which just magnifies the problems they are having. The south side of the stadium is casts shadows that reduce reduce or completely block certain parts of the field from getting sunlight.
        --------------------
        The Jose packages are to get people in the garages. They will continue to bleed money if they average 19K a game and the garages are a quarter full.
        $15 for parking is not that bad. I thought I read that they were installing new grass once again this year. Tickets during the week start at about $7 a ticket, which is great.
        --------------------
        MIAMI -- The grass promises to be greener and more easily maintained in 2014 at Marlins Park.

In the upcoming months, the Marlins' front office will be tinkering with the roster in hopes of upgrading the players on the field. In the meantime, upper management already has plans to improve the actual playing surface for Season 3 at Marlins Park.

The 36,000-seat, retractable-roof ballpark will feature a grass called "paspalum" in both the infield and outfield. The full, thick grass offers a healthy shade of green. But the most important benefit for the switch to paspalum is its durability.

Paspalum is commonly used at golf courses located in beach areas, because the grass is able to withstand higher salt content in water. The Marlins were able to test paspalum on the infield last season, but in the outfield, a Bermuda grass called Tifway (or Tiff) 419 was installed.

"At the end of February, we're going to replace everything in the outfield with paspalum," Marlins executive vice president of operations and events Claude Delorme said. "The reason we didn't do it last year is because we couldn't get enough sod with paspalum."

By having paspalum solely in the infield, the Marlins were able to monitor how it held up to all conditions.

"I wanted to see was how the shade would impact it," Delorme said. "It will look good the whole year. Even when we decided to do some maintenance to the field, it just came back really quickly. There is more density to the sod. Based on that, and the reaction we've seen, we think that's going to be a nice improvement for next year."

Paspalum also has been used in the infield at Turner Field in Atlanta for a couple of seasons.

"Us and Atlanta were in the same boat, where we had to go infield and outfield with a different surface," Delorme said. "We wanted to see how paspalum would react in the infield for a whole year. After seeing the quality of the infield versus the outfield, we know it's going to be a welcome change."

From the players' standpoint, the paspalum is thicker and can be grown out a little longer, so the infield and outfield should play a bit slower.

Outfielders, especially, will see a difference. The Tiff 419 was a swifter surface. Sometimes that was an advantage for the Marlins, especially against teams not as familiar with the ballpark. Miami's outfielders knew they needed to hurry up to balls hit toward the gaps in anticipation of the faster hops.

"The thing with Tiff 419 Bermuda is you've got to cut if fairly short," Delorme said. "So you have a little bit more flexibility with paspalum to grow it probably an eighth of an inch more. It's a little bit slower surface than we saw last year."

Tiff 419 is the surface the Marlins used at their previous park, Sun Life Stadium.

In the first two years at Miami's new ballpark, the grounds crew has had its challenges preserving the grass. There is a constant balance of keeping the roof open to allow in sunlight to grow the grass, while also closing the roof for weather-related reasons.

In the park's inaugural season in 2012, a Bermuda grass called "Celebration" was used in the infield and outfield.

"It didn't react well," Delorme said.

Wear and tear on the field created brown splotches, and the field was sandy. The sunlight patterns also are an issue, as certain parts of the field are covered by shade. The team purchased grow lamps that are used to create artificial sunlight to the neglected areas.

"The grow lights we bought last year were helpful for the outfield areas where we get that constant shade in right field in April," Delorme said. "Then it shifts over to left field as the year progresses. The lamps are going to help us, as well, to keep the sod in great condition."
        http://miami.marlins.mlb.com/news/ar...&vkey=news_mia

Ah they are replacing it! It's for the end of February.
        Last edited by Big Z; 02-17-2014, 09:15 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

Originally posted by Fritz View Post
          Is it possible to take public transit from Brickell to the games?
          Yes, take the northbound train at the Brickell station to Civic Center. The free trolley at street level takes you to the ballpark.

However, you are better off driving. If you take Flagler to 2nd Street and 13th Avenue there is a couple that charges $5 per game to park. I park there and so does CrimsonCane. It's two blocks from the stadium.

Fritz, download the Miami-Dade Transit app-- very helpful.

Have you figured out the Miami-Dade County street numbering system?

Comment

I'll keep that in mind.

So far we're getting around fine. The street numbering system is fairly logical to me, the biggest pain in the ass is all the construction.
            This post was brought to you by: Dat SEC Speed

Comment

Cool.

Some other information you could find useful:

Avenues run:

Courts
              Roads
              Avenues
              Places

Streets run:

Streets
              Terraces
              Lanes

-Removing the last two digits off an address gives you closest cross street.
              -Places on CRAP ending in even numbers are on the west side.
              -Places on STL ending in even numbers are on the south side.
              -Every 10 avenues is a mile.
              -Every 16 streets is a mile.
              -The grid does not apply to Miami Beach, Hialeah and Homestead.

Comment

Originally posted by Party View Post
                Yes, take the northbound train at the Brickell station to Civic Center. The free trolley at street level takes you to the ballpark.

However, you are better off driving. If you take Flagler to 2nd Street and 13th Avenue there is a couple that charges $5 per game to park. I park there and so does CrimsonCane. It's two blocks from the stadium.

Fritz, download the Miami-Dade Transit app-- very helpful.

Have you figured out the Miami-Dade County street numbering system?
                I also park there

Comment

Originally posted by Beef View Post
                  I also park there
                  I am assuming it is a lot instead of a house, no?

Comment

It's a house. Those people are the best.

Comment

we should tailgate, i park there to

Comment

Geez, how big is this house? No cars are blocked in?

Comment

Festa will see to it that they run out of spots real early. They're on a corner, so it wraps around. No blocking. They'll even drop a ramp so you can get on and off the curb.

Remember ramp?

Comment

It's a very efficient business. They make $100 a game easily.

Comment

I have to check that out next time I go. Is the walk dangerous at night?

Comment

Working...
                              X