No announcement yet.

Marlins Agree to Terms with Jeff Baker on 2 Year Deal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maybe they're waiting for him to show that he's going to be good.

Comment

It's not on the player to let it be known he wants to be here. That's the Marlins job. If you want to fuck the hottest girl at the party, you need to go talk to her and buy her some drinks. And if she still says no, offer her $90 million dollars and see how fast the panties drop. He is not giving up $90 million guaranteed dollars because he wants to go to California in 3 years when he has made $3 million total and has no guaranteed money on the table besides an arbitration tender. Not happening under any scenario. To much money and risk for the player.

They blew it. This is 100% on them for not dealing with this 1-2 years ago, or not stepping up to the plate right now and getting it done. This is Cabrera all over again. Place the blame where you want - Loria, Samson, Beinfest, Hill, Jennings - end of the day it's embarrassing whoever made the call. I think every other team in baseball would have bought him out, just like how the PIRATES bought out McCutchen and ROCKIES bought out Cargo. How smart are the ROYALS. They have Salvador Perez signed for 8 years for $22 million, which includes 3 free agency years. Those aren't big market teams and this is not far fetched. Every other team does this with these kinds of talents. I can predict them (not very groundbreaking) - Wil Myers and Manny Machado are on deck.

So anyways, yes. This offseason is a failure because they didn't do the only thing they needed to do. These filler pieces are nice and I don't really oppose any of those moves, but that is all dick compared to locking up Stanton to be the centerpiece of the franchise with Fernandez for the next 5-6 years. Likewise, if they don't want to sign him for whatever insane reason TRADE HIM before there is the looming threat of free agency in another year when he has actually made some money and can risk the buyout because he has already gotten paid. What team is giving the Marlins multiple 'A' level talent and then dishing out a $200 mil contract? They aren't. Any angle, they are blowing it. But hey, they still have 7 weeks until the season starts to get their heads out of their asses.
      Last edited by lou; 02-04-2014, 08:27 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by lou View Post
        If you want to fuck the hottest girl at the party, you need to go talk to her and buy her some drinks. And if she still says no, offer her $90 million dollars and see how fast the panties drop.
        This is a really weird analogy.
        poop

Comment

Stanton's a whore. But he's not as good as the girl at the party is hot.

Comment

He is definitely in the top-3 good-looking girls on the street. Depending on the street.
            poop

Comment

Originally posted by Mainge View Post
              I like
              pretty much this. Platoons make me
              --------------------
              TIL I'm only $90 million away from having sex with Scarlett Johansson. The dream lives on.
              Last edited by dim; 02-04-2014, 09:40 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

Originally posted by Bobbob1313 View Post
                This is a really weird analogy.
                Haha. I disagree with the analogy anyway...you can't sign someone that doesn't want to be signed...and just because there has been no official offer doesn't mean that they haven't talked about it. I'm pretty sure they know exactly what Stanton is looking for at this point. Perhaps his number to sign HERE is just some ridiculous amount that he has just not shown he's worth at this point. Every time a Marlins official has been asked, they have always mentioned in some way how it takes both sides to make a deal.

Anyway, none of this has anything to do with Jeff Baker.

Comment

They still want a 5th Starter but are waiting to see who is on the market when ST rolls around. What they are looking for is a cheap innings eater who is willing to take a 1 yr deal.

Paul Malholm is the name I keep hearing however we are in no rush what so ever

As for the RP situation-we don't really need any however they seem to want to bring in 2 or 3 RP on minor league deals and either try to stash them in AAA or be like Qualls. Cishek is gonna be traded at the deadline so there will be a spot open and LOOGY like Lou said we got tons of already

Comment

Working...
                  X