The Three Year Plan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Miamarlin21 View Post
    He will hit around .300 and get on base a ton and has 80 speed.
    Are you evaluating a player based on his speed stat in MLB: The Show for Playstation?
    Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM Hugg!

Comment

He is using the 20-80 baseball scouting standards.
      poop

Comment

nny makes HUGH late run at POTY

:bowdown

Comment

2014 #2 pick is very likely to be a pitcher

Trea Turner is the only advanced bat at the top right now

Alex Jackson and Jacob Gatewood are the top HS bats however seems we are looking for a guy who can move thru fast

Comment

Originally posted by lou View Post
            But that's 2016. Max 75 wins 2014, maybe get to .500 2015 with no massive influx of FA. Just got to wait 2 years. Hopefully Loria is magically whisked away by then as they look really set up come 2016 moving forward.
            To me that's a problem though. We should have a contending-capable pitching staff and OF come 2015. The young guys will have their growing paines 2013-2014 and you have more than enough depth in those areas to fill in the flame outs.

We just need a semblance of anything out of our IF. I think we need to start building to be competing for 2015, not 2016. And that can be done through FA and trades. We need to overhaul the entire area, but it'll be worth it. This can't be another 2008-2010 where we sit on our hands and do jack shit while we have a more than capable team with some easy holes to plug.
            --------------------
            Originally posted by Mainge View Post
            If you start at 2008 and work your way backwards to 2000, only 40% of top 5 picks have made a big league impact, which includes guys like Eric Hosmer, Pedro Alvarez, and Matt Wieters who have all underwhelmed and haven't been the plus players they were supposed to be. Combining the natural washing out of guys trying to make professional baseball
            IMO, top 5 picks and such should be looked at as avergish players with breakout potential rather than superstars. There are only few superstars in the league and yet so many top prospects/draft picks for a reason. Both Hosmer and Alvarez posted 3+ WAR last season, and Wieters put up a 2.4 WAR in a down year.

I think the "underwhelmed" part has to do moreso with realistic expectations than anything. I'd be more than happy if our guy was "just" a ~3 WAR player.
            --------------------
            Originally posted by emkayseven View Post
            could we pull a green bay packers and just pool our money and buy the marlins as a community?
            How does that work in terms of hiring front office and shit?

/too lazy to google
            Last edited by nny; 12-26-2013, 05:07 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

no clue, i imagine it's against some rules anyway
              Originally posted by Madman81
              Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
              Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

The packers have a board of directors who makes those decisions I believe.
                Amy Adams, AKA Cinnamon Muff
                Logan Morrison: "If baseball didn't exist, I would probably be ... like a curler. Or a hairstylist."
                Noah Perio
                Jupiter
                39 AB
                15 H
                0 2B
                0 3B
                0 HR
                0 BB
                .385/.385/.385

Comment

Working...
                X