MLB Fast-Tracking Ban on Homeplate Collisions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MLB Fast-Tracking Ban on Homeplate Collisions

LAKE BUENA VISTA, Fla. -- Major League Baseball plans to eliminate home plate collisions, possibly as soon as next season but no later than by 2015.

Major League Baseball plans to eliminate home plate collisions, like the one that injured Buster Posey in 2011.

Sources tell ESPN.com's Buster Olney that there is a strong desire for MLB's rules committee to fast-track the specific rule changes in time for next season.

Under the rules changes being discussed, sources told Olney:

• Catchers will not be allowed to block home plate.

• Runners will not be permitted to target the catchers.

• The question of whether or not the plate was blocked or the runner targeted the catcher will be reviewable, with an immediate remedy available to the umpires.

• Catchers or runners who violate the new rules will be subject to disciplinary action.
    http://espn.go.com/mlb/hotstove13/st...ollisions-2015

Not fun, man.

Comment

super lame

Comment

I have zero problem with this.
        poop

Comment

bobbob gonna bobbob

Comment

Daft gon Daft

Comment

BURIED

Comment

The 6 year old in me doesn't like it. But realistically, it makes all the sense in the world. Shit is stupid dangerous.

Comment

Originally posted by Namaste View Post
                  bobbob gonna bobbob
                  Great contribution.
                  poop

Comment

I have problem zero with this.
                    Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM Hugg!

Comment

Originally posted by nny View Post
                      The 6 year old in me doesn't like it. But realistically, it makes all the sense in the world. Shit is stupid dangerous.

Exactly

Comment

It seems like an absolute no-brainer to me. We're trading off what... 5 seconds of excitement every third or fourth game for keeping players safe. That's an easy call.
                        Last edited by Bobbob1313; 12-12-2013, 07:07 PM.
                        poop

Comment

A guy running full speed into another guy trying to knock a ball loose isn't really part of the sport of baseball. Watch teams coached by Urban Meyer or hockey or something for that.
                          Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM Hugg!

Comment

Originally posted by Bobbob1313 View Post
                            It seems like an absolute no-brainer to me.

Baseball (it's players, coaches and fans) has been doing pretty well for over 100 years without this proposed rule and you think it's an absolute no brainer.

I think you're a no brainer, bobbob.

A catcher getting hurt once in a Blue Moon is the cost of doing good business.

Comment

yeah, times change, Daft

we've learned a lot about the human body and learned that some things are kinda stupid and unnecessary

also, teams weren't investing 10s of millions of dollars in players then
                              --------------------
                              Leeches were used for medical treatment for over 2,000 years. Lets bring that back too.
                              Last edited by HUGG; 12-12-2013, 07:33 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

Working...
                              X