No announcement yet.

Marlins Trade Morrison to Mariners for RHP Carter Capps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Actually Ruggiano is next on the list to go. They have been talking to teams all week about him however most teams are waiting to see where Choo and Cruz go and if any others bigger bats come on the market.

Comment

Jones for Morrison is most likely a wash at worst offensively for the Fish.

Comment

Originally posted by Mainge View Post
        If he's used correctly. Kind of a big if.
        I think you can make the case he's still better.

Last time he played everyday, he still put up a higher OPS than Morrison has the last 2 years.

Comment

They should really just trade Cishek for a longterm infield starter.

Bullpen is going to be fine either way at this point.

Comment

So once again, the Marlins sell low on a player and get very little in return. Shocker.

Comment

Originally posted by sports24/7 View Post
              So once again, the Marlins sell low on a player and get very little in return. Shocker.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Z View Post
                Let's see if there's any corresponding moves made at 3B. All reports indicate that we are still looking; therefore, I don't think we can pencil in Solano/Dietrich at the time being. I would love to give Chavez a shot and platoon him with Lucas.
                Ya they are still looking however not alot of options when u tell guys 1 yr deal with an option or a 2 year deal. Moran will be ready in 2015 so they dont want to be paying a guy to coach(we got Dobbs for that already)

More than likely it will be Solano,Lucas,Coghlan(if resigned),Paeredes and whoever we sign to a minor league deal fighting over it

Comment

Originally posted by Hugg View Post
                  So they didn't sell low on him?

Comment

Originally posted by tjfla View Post
                    Actually Ruggiano is next on the list to go. They have been talking to teams all week about him however most teams are waiting to see where Choo and Cruz go and if any others bigger bats come on the market.
                    Trading Ruggiano would be dumb. Ruggiano and Lucas are good fits on this team next year.

Comment

They got a potential closer for Morrison. If he had another year like he did this season, they would have been non-tendering him in the fall. I feel like this is pretty good asset management.

I mean, if you think he's gonna bust out this season, then sure, I guess. Why risk it though?

Comment

Originally posted by lou View Post
                        They should really just trade Cishek for a longterm infield starter.

Bullpen is going to be fine either way at this point.
                        They should Pitt/Boston would be all over him in a second as would everyone else. It is hard tho to figure out what they are doing with him tho,teams call ask about him and are told we want Top Prospects/young ML ready guys in return however they also see that he is gonna get paid soon and Wittgren is killing the minors and say they will drop the price eventually

Comment

Originally posted by tjfla View Post
                          They should Pitt/Boston would be all over him in a second as would everyone else. It is hard tho to figure out what they are doing with him tho,teams call ask about him and are told we want Top Prospects in return however they also see that he is gonna get paid soon and Wittgren is killing the minors and say they will drop the price eventually
                          He's one of the best relievers in baseball. Top prospects is what they should be asking for. I don't see anything wrong with that.

Comment

I feel like we'll get a very nice package for Cishek at the trade deadline.

Comment

I feel like we'll get a very nice package for Cishek at the trade deadline.
                              We should especially if a Top team has a Closer out injured. Just promise when we do trade him u won't say Wittgren sucks and we should have gave Cishek an extension

Comment

They got a potential closer for Morrison. If he had another year like he did this season, they would have been non-tendering him in the fall. I feel like this is pretty good asset management.

I mean, if you think he's gonna bust out this season, then sure, I guess. Why risk it though?
                                I don't know a ton about Capps, but he doesn't look overly impressive. If he ends up being a closer and LoMo continues to flame out then it's a good trade. Unfortunately it seems mid tier relief prospects like this are a coin flip. The Marlins have seen their share fail to impress. I'm not overly upset here, but if you weren't going to get much of a return for LoMo I just don't see why you don't hold onto him and hope he finally puts it together. It's not like he doesn't have the talent, the guy hit 23 HRs a couple years back. I wouldn't necessarily expect him to turn it around, but it's not impossible. Obviously that's what the Mariners are hoping for.

Comment

Working...
                                X