No announcement yet.

Loria Resigns Greg Dobbs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can't wait to see what a Jeff Loria roster can do.

Comment

Originally posted by MiamiHomer View Post
      I'm not sure how this isn't a big deal.
      I think it's fair to say Beef thinks fewer things in sports are a big deal than most of the other people who post on sports message boards.
      poop

Comment

Originally posted by Party View Post
        Can't wait to see what a Jeff Loria roster can do.
        I think we've already seen that.
        --------------------
        I'm not sure how this isn't a big deal.
        I think he meant that spending 1.7 million dollars in the sports world is not a big deal these days.

With that said, he'll probably be one of our highest paid players next year, which is funny.
        Last edited by Erick; 09-27-2013, 12:33 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

Originally posted by Bobbob1313 View Post
          I think it's fair to say Beef thinks fewer things in sports are a big deal than most of the other people who post on sports message boards.
          I mean, is there precedent for this in sports where an owner signs a player without even telling his front office that he's doing it?

Comment

I mean, is there precedent for this in sports where an owner signs a player without even telling his front office that he's doing it?
            Maybe Loria thought they'd approve since they did the same thing with Wes Helms.

I hope Loria fires everyone and just becomes the GM. At least we'll know who to blame if that happens. Because the way it is now, Beinfest gets credit for everything that goes right and Loria gets the blame for everything that sucks.

Comment

I have no idea. I wouldn't be surprised if a Dan Snyder or Jerry Jones has done it before, no.
              poop

Comment

Jerry Jones is the front office.
                This post was brought to you by: Dat SEC Speed

Comment

Which kind of proves the point, I guess.
                  --------------------
                  Hard to imagine Steinbrenner never pulled that.
                  --------------------
                  Which doesn't necessarily make it better, since those guys had the money and willingness to invest in their teams, whereas Loria doesn't.

The bigger issue should be that he spends his money poorly, if and when he spends it at all. I don't really care about Loria re-signing Dobbs without discussing it with Beinfest. I honestly cannot bring myself to care about that aspect of it.

I do have a problem with them paying him roughly 3x market value on Dobbs, while refusing to spend on the rest of the team.
                  Last edited by Bobbob1313; 09-27-2013, 01:37 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged
                  poop

Comment

Hell Dobbs hasn't even been our best left-handed pinch-hitter this year. Pierre's been better since he moved to the bench.

Comment

If he went out and signed Manny Ramirez to a 20 million dollar contract I would have a bigger problem with it. I won't be outraged over this though.

Comment

If it's just Dobbs during the Jeffrey Loria master-GM era that's one thing, but the fact that we're getting reports that Loria is circumventing the Front Office and now we have official confirmation of this, at least on one transaction is troubling, and I don't see how you can deny that.

Also makes you wonder how long he's been doing this. I'm still puzzled as to why we weren't more active during the deadline. You're telling me relievers with sub 3 ERA's like Qualls, Dunn and Webb couldn't have landed us some young talent? I find that hard to believe.

Comment

I just take it as more red flags that this organization is being ran poorly.

Comment

Originally posted by ¿NICK? View Post
                            If it's just Dobbs during the Jeffrey Loria master-GM era that's one thing, but the fact that we're getting reports that Loria is circumventing the Front Office and now we have official confirmation of this, at least on one transaction is troubling, and I don't see how you can deny that.

Also makes you wonder how long he's been doing this. I'm still puzzled as to why we weren't more active during the deadline. You're telling me relievers with sub 3 ERA's like Qualls, Dunn and Webb couldn't have landed us some young talent? I find that hard to believe.
                            Loria has been doing it for years,people keep thinking Beinfest and Mike Hill make all the decisions but they don't. Loria has final say and that is how he likes it. For the past 2 or 3 years he has seen himself as the Jerry Jones of MLB and even tho he has no clue what he is doing,he could care less

Comment

So, what type of players does Loria like?

Comment

Originally posted by Erick View Post
                                So, what type of players does Loria like?
                                Ones who are cheap,ones who will put people in seats,ones who will do what he says

He likes leadership too LOL

Comment

Working...
                                X