• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah, that was silly.

"We're gonna hurt someone if you do it. We have no choice."

Baseball's real stupid sometimes.
    poop

Comment

I hate that this situation made me agree with Mitch Williams.

Comment

He talked to me like a friend, a father.
        I'm glad McCann and Jose are already establishing a good relationship since McCann's gonna be our catcher next year.
        --------------------
        Can we talk about mm21 not knowing what encore means?
        Last edited by HUGG; 09-11-2013, 10:39 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

Yes, go.

Comment

Judging from the comments on Deadspin, Johnson didn't go unnoticed

Johnson (who is well named), runs in to hide behind the ump, then half his team, gives the hand signal for "keep talking" then hides behind his whole team. I'm not sure that was very "Brave" of him.

--

Chris Johnson ran in from third base, only to hide behind the umpire and argue. That's pretty funny. Especially after seeing him in a rage later on in the clip.

--

I like how Johnson sprints in, then loops around behind the umpire. That's a classic "hold me back!" move.

--

Johnson's route to the plate is laughable. Sprints in, and then veers off to jump behind his catcher. Such a fake tough guy move...

--

My favorite part of this video is at the 3 minute mark where you can see Johnson try to be a tough guy by sprinting in from 3rd base and where does he stop? He swings in right behind the umpire in between him and Fernandez. Hold me back, ump, hold me back! What a clown.

--

It's great how he ran all the way in from 3rd base to get BEHIND the ump

--

Johnson is a bitch. Runs in like a tuff guy and gets BEHIND his teammates. Where I'm from, you have a beef, you go after the guy not hide behind somebody. If he wanted to rumble, he had a clear line to do it. Pussy

--

I love how Johnson runs around everybody and immediately gets into "hold me back" position.

--

LOL @ this pussy #23 Johnson.

Screaming and saying how he wants a piece of someone "right fucking now" or some bullshit.

Yet didn't throw a punch.

Bitch.

--

Tough guy Johnson ran right past Fernandez to loop around behind McCann and the ump and immediately took the "hold me back" pose. Douchetastic.

http://deadspin.com/jose-fernandez-h...enc-1297489041
            --------------------
            Originally posted by Mainge View Post
            Yes, go.
            This was his finale, not his encore.

An encore would be if he makes another start now after he was supposed to be done.
            Last edited by HUGG; 09-11-2013, 10:49 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

To be fair, Chris Johnson could not really do anything. Placido Polanco was holding him back...
              --------------------
              Also, I think the Braves should tell their rookie, Evan Gattis, to not do the same thing. I didn't really notice what he did tonight, but that guy flips bats and pimps HR's with the best of them.
              Last edited by Erick; 09-11-2013, 10:57 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

well, he had a wide open chance to get in Jose's face when he came running in but instead he went straight behind the umpire

Comment

Ehhh probably not the best word, but an "encore" is one last song or whatever. So I think (in my head at least) it works because this was his last one. Like an artist sung "x" as his encore. Wednesday night was Fernandez's encore.
                  LHP Chad James-Jupiter Hammerheads-

5-15 3.80 ERA (27 starts) 149.1IP 173H 63ER 51BB 124K

Comment

that's not what encore means though, guy

encore is a performance after the performance, in response to audience demand

Jose was scheduled to pitch tonight all along, it's not an encore

the last song is only an encore if they end the performance first and then come back, otherwise, it's just the end of the show

/worst topic ever
                    Last edited by HUGG; 09-12-2013, 12:44 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Miamarlin21 View Post
                      Ehhh probably not the best word, but an "encore" is one last song or whatever. So I think (in my head at least) it works because this was his last one. Like an artist sung "x" as his encore. Wednesday night was Fernandez's encore.
                      That is not what encore means

Comment

Daft's gonna love this when he reads it

Comment

Do ya want more?
                          poop

Comment

Comment

Better?
                              LHP Chad James-Jupiter Hammerheads-

5-15 3.80 ERA (27 starts) 149.1IP 173H 63ER 51BB 124K

Comment

Reads better without "his."

/Copy Editor
                                poop

Comment

Working...
                                X