Ed Lucas has hit lefties well.

Comment

Originally posted by Beef View Post
        People gon realize what Stanton is
        And what's that?

Comment

Not worth trading all of your best prospects for

Comment

Stanton's problems are a lot like Hanley's problems last year except he isn't overpaid. I expect him to do a lot better next year.

Comment

We need another bat in the lineup to help Stanton out. We have no one threatening enough to even pitch to Stanton. When PolancoASSSSS is hitting behind him and even LoMo he will never see anything good to hit unless it's a mistake pitch.

Comment

Except for last year.

Comment

Originally posted by Mainge View Post
                  Except for last year.
                  Carlos Lee?

Comment

Originally posted by AdamRavs View Post
                    Carlos Lee?
                    The Carlos Lee that was old, shitty, and way worse than Lomo?

Comment

Originally posted by Mainge View Post
                      The Carlos Lee that was old, shitty, and way worse than Lomo?
                      If you were implying that Stanton had protection last yr that's why I said Lee. He had the illusion of protection cause the team was supposedly supposed to be good too. This yr he is the only name in the lineup and is being pitched around way more.

Comment

I do not think people were respecting Carlos Lee last season. Just a hunch.
                        poop

Comment

Originally posted by AdamRavs View Post
                          If you were implying that Stanton had protection last yr that's why I said Lee. He had the illusion of protection cause the team was supposedly supposed to be good too. This yr he is the only name in the lineup and is being pitched around way more.
                          I was saying that Stanton didn't have protection last year and still got plenty of pitches to hit. I don't buy the illusion of protection. Everyone behind Stanton was ass. I don't think major league teams wee afraid of Carlos Lee because Sports Illustrated said we'd be good.

There's also the fact that lineup protection is largely a myth.

Comment

So in summary, STANTON ASS

Comment

Stanton's seeing more fastballs this season, but less pitches in the strike zone. He's also swinging a lot less, especially at pitches out of the zone, and not hitting the ball as hard:

2012 52.3%fb 44.8%zone 48.4%swing 34.6%oswing 22.1%ld 36.2%gb
                              2013 53.6%fb 39.9%zone 42.0%swing 28.2%oswing 15.6%ld 46.8%gb

Comment

Working...
                              X