Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MLB Suspends AROD, Cruz, and Others Involved with Biogenesis

The gist:
    1. Alex Rodriguez suspended for 211 games (through the end of 2014), beginning on Thursday, August 8th. Suspension is stayed until the appellate process is completed.
    2. Nelson Cruz suspended for 50 games, effective immediately. Appellate process has been waived.
    3. Jhonny Peralta suspended for 50 games, effective immediately. Appellate process has been waived.
    4. Antonio Bastardo suspended for 50 games, effective immediately. Appellate process has been waived.
    5. Francisco Cervelli suspended for 50 games, effective immediately. Appellate process has been waived.
    6. Jordany Valdespin suspended for 50 games, effective immediately. Appellate process has been waived.
    7. Jesus Montero suspended for 50 games, effective immediately. Appellate process has been waived.
    8. Cesar Puello suspended for 50 games, effective immediately. Appellate process has been waived.
    9. Sergio Escalona suspended for 50 games, effective immediately. Appellate process has been waived.
    10. Fernando Martinez suspended for 50 games, effective immediately. Appellate process has been waived.
    11. Fautino de los Santos suspended for 50 games, effective immediately. Appellate process has been waived.
    12. Jordan Norberto suspended for 50 games, effective immediately. Appellate process has been waived.

Written Source from ESPN

A lot of Yankees on that list.
    God would be expecting a first pitch breaking ball in the dirt because humans love to disappoint him.
    - Daft

I really hope he kills the ball while on appeal. For the lulz.
    --------------------
    I hope the appeal can't be finished until the offseason and he leads the Yankees to the postseason with a flurry of clutch hits.
    Last edited by Bobbob1313; 08-05-2013, 02:20 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged
    poop

Comment

Why do you hope those things? Do you think they are unfairly targeting Arod?
      Amy Adams, AKA Cinnamon Muff
      Logan Morrison: "If baseball didn't exist, I would probably be ... like a curler. Or a hairstylist."
      Noah Perio
      Jupiter
      39 AB
      15 H
      0 2B
      0 3B
      0 HR
      0 BB
      .385/.385/.385

Comment

I think it would be funny to see him do well for the Yankees while they have tried to screw him over.
        poop

Comment

Fair enough. I dont blame them for trying to get out of that moronic contract, however.
          Amy Adams, AKA Cinnamon Muff
          Logan Morrison: "If baseball didn't exist, I would probably be ... like a curler. Or a hairstylist."
          Noah Perio
          Jupiter
          39 AB
          15 H
          0 2B
          0 3B
          0 HR
          0 BB
          .385/.385/.385

Comment

They don't care about the contract, they care about the 2014 "reset."

If ARod's contract is off the books for 2014 they can keep Cano, Granderson, and probably add a middle of the rotation type arm (Lincecum?) and still be under the $189 million threshold.

I'm totally buying into the MLB/Yankees joint conspiracy here, way too much for both sides to gain and the process took an inordinately long time to just hit so many with 50-gamers.

Comment

Thanks for the "reset" Selig!

Comment

Well, I guess they care about the contract, but the balance remaining (approximately $125 million) is more than they've paid under it already (approximately $180 million).

And I'm with bobbob, I want ARod to obliterate the baseball.

Comment

Sounds like they think the appeal won't be resolved till September.

Comment

I think I'm hoping ARod dominates and the dominates the beginning of the playoffs and then has to sit for the rest of the year and the Yankees lose and Yankees fans forever say we would have won the World Series if only we had ARod

Comment

What a moment.

Comment

I live for this.

Comment

Fuck it, I'm rooting for A-Rod now.
                          This post was brought to you by: Dat SEC Speed

Comment

Per Rotoworld:

Players association chief Michael Weiner said Monday that he doesn't expect a ruling on Alex Rodriguez's appeal until November or December.
                            Rodriguez was suspended for 211 games for purchasing PEDs from Biogenesis and allegedly attempting to obstruct MLB's investigation. However, because he appealed the suspension, he will be eligible to play until an arbitrator makes a ruling. In other words, any penalty will be served until 2014 and beyond. Weiner said Monday that the union "agrees with his decision to fight his suspension" and believes that "the Commissioner has not acted appropriately under the Basic Agreement."
                            LHP Chad James-Jupiter Hammerheads-

5-15 3.80 ERA (27 starts) 149.1IP 173H 63ER 51BB 124K

Comment

Would he be appealing based on a claim that he's innocent or is he only appealing the severity of the punishment?

If it's the latter, I don't think he should be allowed to play pending his appeal. (I am not saying that baseball should do it that way if the CBA says otherwise. I'm saying that's how it ought to be if these rules made any sense)

If it's the former, I can't imagine him having any chance of success.

Comment

Working...
                              X