• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by geemoney View Post
    Coghlan: 1-2 (started at 3B)
    oh shit, you guys

Comment

It's happening.

Comment

2013: Marlins finally realize they need to play LoMo at first and Coghlan at third. Imagine the injuries that would have been spared has this been decided a few years back?

Comment

Coghlan's proper position would be 2B. Doesn't matter though.

I'd personally rather see Cox get some time in September, but it really doesn't make a difference to me who fills up space when football season starts.

Comment

As long as Polanco is gone we could put pot smoking monkey there for all I care.

Comment

Originally posted by dim View Post
              I'd personally rather see Cox get some time in September, but it really doesn't make a difference to me who fills up space when football season starts.
              Why? Cox's OPS between AA and AAA is barely better than Coghlan's career major league OPS. Cox needs to prove he can hit minor league pitching before we give him the call.

Comment

That Cox trade turned out to be pretty bad. I do not think he has much of a future in the big leagues.

Comment

Originally posted by Erick View Post
                  That Cox trade turned out to be pretty bad. I do not think he has much of a future in the big leagues.
                  To be fair, Mujica probably wouldn't be performing like this if he was here.

He's throwing a splitter vast majority of the time now (~55% v.s. ~32% career rate), not using his FB as much (41% v.s. 56% career rate), and basically dropped his slider (4% v.s. 10% career rate).

STL made changes for the better which probably wouldn't have happened here, and he's also a free agent after this season and making a decent amount of money.

It was definitely a good trade for STL, but I don't know if I'd call it a bad trade for us. Depends on just how good you think Mujica would have been if he stayed.

I don't have faith in Cox being anything at the ML level though with his complete lack of power.

Comment

Originally posted by nny View Post
                    To be fair, Mujica probably wouldn't be performing like this if he was here.

He's throwing a splitter vast majority of the time now (~55% v.s. ~32% career rate), not using his FB as much (41% v.s. 56% career rate), and basically dropped his slider (4% v.s. 10% career rate).

STL made changes for the better which probably wouldn't have happened here, and he's also a free agent after this season and making a decent amount of money.

It was definitely a good trade for STL, but I don't know if I'd call it a bad trade for us. Depends on just how good you think Mujica would have been if he stayed.

I don't have faith in Cox being anything at the ML level though with his complete lack of power.

I agree with that. (although I think it's fair to say that we probably traded Mujica at the worst possible time, as well)

Comment

Rather have us take a chance on a guy then let Mujica walk for nothing. It's a nice change from our usual just happy to get rid of the guy strategy

Comment

Just wanna see what y'all think, but I would guess the Marlins wouldn't protect Cox this off-season, right?
                        LHP Chad James-Jupiter Hammerheads-

5-15 3.80 ERA (27 starts) 149.1IP 173H 63ER 51BB 124K

Comment

Originally posted by tjfla View Post
                          Rather have us take a chance on a guy then let Mujica walk for nothing. It's a nice change from our usual just happy to get rid of the guy strategy
                          Mujica wasn't going to be a free agent after the year.

Comment

Mujica wasn't going to be a free agent after the year.
                            Didn't mean him leaving as a FA,meant trying to move him thru waivers after the TD and getting claimed or non tendered

Comment

Originally posted by Miamarlin21 View Post
                              Just wanna see what y'all think, but I would guess the Marlins wouldn't protect Cox this off-season, right?
                              I mean, no one claimed him when we waived him and he hasn't done anything this year to make teams like him more.

Comment

Working...
                              X