Clear All

Originally posted by emkayseven View Post
    Or at any point last season
    May 2012 was a ton of fun. Don't hate.
    This post was brought to you by: Dat SEC Speed

Comment

Fun tidbit:

Miami Marlins ‏@Marlins 53m
      Last night @ChristianYelich joined Mike Redmond as the only #Marlins to ever go 3-for-3 in their first three professional at-bats #fishfacts
      LHP Chad James-Jupiter Hammerheads-

5-15 3.80 ERA (27 starts) 149.1IP 173H 63ER 51BB 124K

Comment

I think "Erick" thinks that because the Marlins are hitting Hech leadoff right now they must think this is the hitter he is and will always be, when in reality they are likely hitting him leadoff because they are riding the hot hand and there's no one else on the ball club who profiles as a leadoff hitter save maybe Yelich now
        That's not what I meant.

I meant that they're saying a lot of bold things about him in the booth. Beinfest was on for an inning and it seemed like Hechavarria was the main guy they talked about. The broadcasters keep saying that the only reason he won't win a gold glove is because he can't hit and nobody knows who he is. That's not true. In the Brewers series, Preston Wilson (who is awful) kept comparing Hechavarria and Segura. Stating similarities as if Hechavarria is anywhere near that good.

It seems like he can do no wrong. He's actually been mediocre. The way they talk about him reminds me of Yuniesky Betancourt.

Comment

So now broadcasters = "the Marlins"?

Tommy Hutton is all up on his dick. Beinfest didn't say anything crazy except that he makes great plays, IIRC. It's the broadcasters who are overvaluing him, not the team.
          Originally posted by Madman81
          Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
          Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

So now broadcasters = "the Marlins"?

Tommy Hutton is all up on his dick. Beinfest didn't say anything crazy except that he makes great plays, IIRC. It's the broadcasters who are overvaluing him, not the team.
            Well, Samson did call him a perennial All-Star when he was acquired. They really like him.

Comment

He's so much better than Hanley defensively that people swoon over him. We watched Hanley double clutch 2 or 3 throws a night and do other dumb stuff for so long and he's a breathe of fresh air. Hugg has gotten in trouble with his wife twice for saying "oh Hech" instead of his wife's name during sex.

He casts a spell on people

Comment

three times

Comment

But that was before the season. Why are you mentioning it now? They like him, but nothing has been said recently to warrant your thinking that they're overvaluing him. It's not like they said he should have been an all star or reiterated that he will be an all star or they're talking contract extension

Also bold prediction: Hech will be an all star at some point in his career
                  Originally posted by Madman81
                  Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
                  Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

Originally posted by Erick View Post
                    Well, Samson did call him a perennial All-Star when he was acquired. They really like him.
                    He called him a perennial all star "supposedly" and added that he has to do it.

Comment

Then he called Henderson Alvarez, Anderson Perez.

Let's not pretend that Samson was doing anything more than a spin job.

Comment

Working...
                      X