Marlins to purchase the contracts of Yelich, Marisnick

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Mainge View Post
    I don't think he's a lock to hit Super-2 all of the sudden, anyway. He's competing with at least two other guys for just two outfield spots and he's still probably 3rd on that totem pole, no?

This is assuming Stanton is back next year.
    This is all true

Comment

• I'm not entirely sure how it works, but wouldn't we just then have the same problem with Marisnick (who's probably being rushed for no reason, as well)? If Ozuna doesn't make the team, it's because Marisnick made it so at least one of them will hit the Super-2 status, right?

Comment

• Pretty sure the Super 2 deadline is usually in mid-June. So, no.
        poop

Comment

• Originally posted by Erick View Post
          I'm not entirely sure how it works, but wouldn't we just then have the same problem with Marisnick (who's probably being rushed for no reason, as well)? If Ozuna doesn't make the team, it's because Marisnick made it so at least one of them will hit the Super-2 status, right?
          Nah. It's a potential problem with Ozuna because he'll be accumulating more service time with that injury. Marisnick was brought up late enough.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bobbob1313 View Post
            Pretty sure the Super 2 deadline is usually in mid-June. So, no.
            Yes

Erick, Marisnick (assuming never goes back down) will get say 75 days of service time this year

Entering into...

2014 - .075 days - club controlled minimum
            2015 - 1.075 days - club controlled minimum
            2016 - 2.075 days - club controlled minimum < - Under super2 threshold, he won't get the days (think 130ish, changes every year) necessary where it is a "rush" scenario
            2017-2019 - arbitration
            2020 - free agency

Marisnick is how they should deal with top prospects once they deem them ready.

Comment

• How many days is it to qualify? 86?

Comment

• It changes every year, but is usually around 120-130. So, mid-June.
                poop

Comment

• Thanks. I got 86 from a Jim Bowden article posted on a forum. It was the best thing I could find.

Comment

Working...
                  X