• Show
Clear All

• Postgame: Stanton Makes a Highlight Reel Catch: Marlins Edge Braves 3-2

3-1 in July

Solano with the game-winning hit.

Comment

Solano did it right in Todd's face.

Comment

Sorry I missed the thread. Been gone all day. Glad they won!
        --------------------
        Also we're still fun to watch and nice to see Alvarez settle down
        Last edited by AdamRavs; 07-04-2013, 11:41 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

I love beating the Braves.

Comment

Originally posted by Hugg View Post
            Solano did it right in Todd's face.
            TODD ASS
            Originally posted by Madman81
            Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
            Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

Wasn't the score 4-3?
              This post was brought to you by: Dat SEC Speed

Comment

DAFT ASS

Comment

Getting excited about Lomo over here.
                  poop

Comment

Yikes I got the score wrong

I blame it on the training staff

Comment

Originally posted by Bobbob1313 View Post
                      Getting excited about Lomo over here.
                      He looks really, really good so far. Hope he can stay healthy.

Comment

And moving from the OF to 1B is going to do a lot for his value defensively

ZIPS has him at only a .265/.351/.457/.808 line the rest of the way, but that's with a low BABIP since he struggled there so far in his MLB career. I'd personally probably peg him at something like .280/.370/.480/.850 but I've always thought he should be better than he was

Comment

I'm just excited that he's walking and not striking out in a small-sample size.

He will strike out 4 times tonight and go eight games without a walk now.
                          poop

Comment

He's healthy for the first time in a long time, and we're finally seeing the Logan Morrison that was the 22nd ranked prospect in baseball. I was always excited to watch the plate disciplined Morrison play.

I'm sure not having to run around the outfield is helping him both physically and mentally at the plate.

Comment

I would gamble on a 3 year arbitration buyout with Morrison and get a 4th maybe 5th year on cheap(er) options. It really wouldn't cost more than 3/$10 and if he hits you'll save a few on the 3 years and potentially a lot with option years. Not much downside with that amount of money if he bombs out. I wouldn't say this if more money was on the books and the team had other contracts, but a benefit of having nothing open is the ability to maybe get some value down the road. They have no foresight to do anything clever, but he is a good opportunity if you believe the legs hold up. They don't have another longterm 1B in the system so they need to keep him as long as possible. Would be really nice if they did that and gave Fernandez and Stanton 6 year deals.

Comment

Working...
                              X