No announcement yet.

Stanton Makes a Highlight Reel Catch: Marlins Edge Braves 3-2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I equate Lou coming up with contract ideas to lock up young Marlins to the times you sit around with your friends and talk about what you'd do if you won the lottery.

Except better odds of winning the lottery.

Comment

It's just constantly baffling because he will spend money in pursuit of winning (sometimes anyways) and loves to save money, but he won't do things to save himself money in pursuit of winning. It's like he thinks every guy is going to be Angel Berroa.

It's pretty fucking easy right now. They are calling up everyone 2013-2015, which means there are mass club controlled and arb 1 years coming 2016-2019 respectively. They need to keep guys who are in free agency during those years so everyone matches up for a peak period. Stanton on a 6 year/$75 give or take $5 million bucks extension is just to perfect for everyone. Stanton is a free agent in prime, lines up with what the Marlins have, he is set for life, and Marlins save some money presumably going to arb. Morrison is a little different as it's going for a buy low, but that is smart if you can buy out his arb and get an option or two which could be huge and matches the time table.

I really hate these guys. They aren't efficient and don't maximize any resource ever. I'd love to see Billy Beane hypothetically run this team for a year and see what would happen.

Comment

Working...
      X