No announcement yet.

Turner Throws 1st Career CG, Marlins Win 7-1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And yet still has the same even 0.0 WAR as Brantly so far this year because of his defense.

He has a .446 OPS and still doesn't have a negative WAR.

Comment

Again though, this year is lost. Brantly needs to be getting more AB's, in my opinion, to see if he can't figure this out and become something useful.

Who cares if Mathis is maybe better? We still ass either way.

Comment

I was never arguing that Mathis should be playing all the time. My original point was only that he has value to our team.

Comment

He's blocking Brantly.
          --------------------
          I'm impressed by how consistently awful he is on offense while still somehow keeping a job. Good for him.
          Last edited by Mainge; 06-30-2013, 12:00 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

He's blocking Brantly but he's helping our young pitchers

I'm fine with whatever

if Brantly started to show a reason to get more at bats, I'd be more inclined to side with Mainge and Co

Comment

He's helping our young pitchers how?

Do you think that whatever Mathis is doing to keep his cERA down is something that's likely to be permanent and stay with them for the duration of their careers?

Comment

The world will not remember Rob Brantly. There is no need to get him AB's.

We'll need more offense from the position to make a run in the playoffs (when that time comes).

Comment

Brantly has done okay against RHP (.272/.329/.316/.645) and all he needs to do is be able to hit righties. He's got avg and obp and he's not going to hit for that low of power forever. Guy needs playing time.

His overall line looks terribad because of his .276 OPS against LHP
                  --------------------
                  I know it's not everyone but I can't believe the turnaround on Brantley from last year's 31 games (catcher of the future/awesome/yaddayadda) to this year's 48 games (shouldn't be in majors). People keep going to too much extremes.

In his 300 career PA, he's got a very solid-for-a-catcher .287/.354/.389/.743 line against RHP

He's by no means some kind of savior but he should be an okay starter and that's far and away the best we can ask for right now. I think he could give a Johnny Bake mid 700 OPS against righties for us, just need to pair him with someone to mash lefties.
                  Last edited by nny; 06-30-2013, 01:16 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

Originally posted by nny View Post
                    Brantly has done okay against RHP (.272/.329/.316/.645) and all he needs to do is be able to hit righties. He's got avg and obp and he's not going to hit for that low of power forever. Guy needs playing time.

His overall line looks terribad because of his .276 OPS against LHP
                    --------------------
                    I know it's not everyone but I can't believe the turnaround on Brantley from last year's 31 games (catcher of the future/awesome/yaddayadda) to this year's 48 games (shouldn't be in majors). People keep going to too much extremes.

In his 300 career PA, he's got a very solid-for-a-catcher .287/.354/.389/.743 line against RHP

He's by no means some kind of savior but he should be an okay starter and that's far and away the best we can ask for right now. I think he could give a Johnny Bake mid 700 OPS against righties for us, just need to pair him with someone to mash lefties.

Agreed.

Comment

Mathis 11 for 16 CS now
                      --------------------
                      also Brantly's never hit a walk off grand slam
                      Last edited by emkayseven; 06-30-2013, 02:41 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged
                      Originally posted by Madman81
                      Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
                      Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

ehe

Comment

This season > last season

Comment

much
                            Originally posted by Madman81
                            Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
                            Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

I like this June better than last June

I didn't like winning 14 games in the first two months of this season, though.

Comment

This team would probably have a non-laughable record if it had been healthier from the beginning. Obviously every team has injuries, but we had some big ones. I think they could at least be ahead of the Mets if they were healthier the first couple of months.

Comment

Working...
                                X