Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Round 14 | Scott Carcaise | 1B | Florida Tech (FL) | SIGNED

Discuss
    Last edited by tjfla; 06-08-2013, 01:10 PM.

.316/.441/.563 10hr 33bb 48k

Comment

Named to All-Sunshine State Conference Second Team…appeared in a team-high 49 games, starting all 49 between first base and designated hitter…batted .316 with 39 runs scored, 37 RBIs and 10 home runs…led the Sunshine State Conference in home runs (10)…led FIT in slugging percentage (.563), on base percentage (.441), runs scored (39), RBIs (37) and hits (55)…went 3-for-4 with three runs scored, four RBIs and two home runs in a 9-3 win over Barry (2/16)…collected multiple hits in 10 games and knocked in at least two runs in 11 contests…went 3-for-4 with three RBIs and two runs scored in a 9-2 win over No. 11 Seton Hill.
      http://www.floridatechsports.com/bas...roster/94/939/
      --------------------

--------------------
      lefty, and he's a big boy. 6'5 230
      Last edited by emkayseven; 06-08-2013, 06:01 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged
      Originally posted by Madman81
      Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
      Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

Scott Carcaise was driving home from Walt Disney World when he got the call that changed his life.

A junior first baseman/designated hitter at Florida Tech, the 2010 Bishop Eustace Prep graduate was selected in the 14th round of Major League Baseball’s First-Year Player Draft by the Miami Marlins on Saturday. He was No. 412 overall.

“They called and asked if I was listening,” he said. “I told them I was in the car and actually listening to the radio. That’s when they told me I should have been listening because they just picked me.

“It was pretty cool. I’m still taking it all in. It’s just a dream come true; I don’t know how else to put it.”

Carcaise played two seasons at Florida Tech, an NCAA Division II school, after transferring from Elon (N.C.). He started in a team-high 49 games this season, batting .316 with 11 doubles, one triple, 10 homers, 37 RBIs and 39 runs scored.

He led the Sunshine State Conference in homers and was a second team all-conference pick.

“They contacted my coach and were planning to take me in the top 10 but something happened,” Carcaise said.

“I’ve definitely made the decision to start my pro career. The Marlins are going to get someone who will work hard and wants to get to the big leagues as fast as possible to help them win.”
        http://www.courierpostonline.com/art...ked-by-Marlins
        --------------------
        The Marlins chose the Maple Shade, N.J. native with the 412th pick of the draft.

“When I received the phone call (from the Marlins), it was a dream come true,” he said. “Words can’t really explain it. I’m glad the Marlins have welcomed me to the organization.”

In his second year with the Panthers after playing his freshman season at Elon, Carcaise led the team in nearly every offensive category, while starting 49 of 51 games.

LOFTY NUMBERS

He batted .316 with a team-high 55 hits, 10 home runs, 37 RBIs and 39 runs scored. He also slugged .563, had an on-base percentage of .441, drew 33 walks and touched 98 total bases. Defensively, he recorded 373 putouts and a .983 fielding percentage at first base.

His 10 home runs were the most in the Sunshine State Conference.

“We congratulate Scott on being selected by the Miami Marlins,” head coach Greg Berkemeier said.

“It is a tremendous accomplishment and well-deserved. Scott worked to achieve this goal and we wish him all the best in chasing his dream.”

Carcaise becomes the fifth player to be drafted by a Major League team in the last four years. During that span, four other players have signed free agent contracts with big league clubs.

“I can’t even begin to thank everyone at FIT for these past two years,” Carcaise said.

Defensively, Scott Carcaise recorded 373 putouts and a .983 fielding percentage at first base. (Florida Tech image)

“None of this would have happened for me if it wasn’t for FIT. Coach B and Coach Merc gave me a great opportunity here. I can’t thank them enough for everything they taught me about being a better person and player.”
        http://spacecoastdaily.com/2013/06/f...-in-mlb-draft/
        Last edited by emkayseven; 06-09-2013, 08:46 AM. Reason: Doublepost Merged
        Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.

Comment

Signed according to BA

Comment

Working...
          X