X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Round 5 | Chad Wallach | C | Cal State Fullerton | SIGNED

Discuss.
    --------------------
    Son of Tim. Righty. Good defender, bat lags behind power per Callis. Mayo says he may be a backup. Duquette said it's a bit of a reach and he could move to a corner IF spot
    Last edited by emkayseven; 06-07-2013, 01:46 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged
    Originally posted by Madman81
    Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
    Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Son of Tim Wallach

MLB.com-
    Wallach is a great fastball hitter who has a little more trouble hitting the curve and tends to swing around outside pitches. His bat speed and leverage indicate he projects as an average power-pull hitter. He has the proper throwing mechanics behind the plate and average arm strength for his position. His throws are typically on target when his body is under control, and he likes to get dirty behind the plate and on offense, as well. He's likely a backup catcher in the professional ranks.

Comment

Werent the last 3 picks by the Marlins considered reaches?
      Amy Adams, AKA Cinnamon Muff
      Logan Morrison: "If baseball didn't exist, I would probably be ... like a curler. Or a hairstylist."
      Noah Perio
      Jupiter
      39 AB
      15 H
      0 2B
      0 3B
      0 HR
      0 BB
      .385/.385/.385

Comment

Love this pick.

With the caveat that I have no idea what I'm talking about, have seen him play once, and have no idea if he's gonna be any good or not (MLB Draft fever!)
        Last edited by HUGG; 06-07-2013, 03:19 PM.

Comment

This is gonna be awesome when we hire Wallach as our manager in 2 years after we fire Redmond
          Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.

Comment

pfft, he ain't stopping Wes Helms

Comment

Wes is gonna need some seasoning first. Let him spend a year in the GCL, then he can come up in a year and a half when Wallach is canned

Comment

He's on ESPN2

Comment

Wallach enjoyed his best season for the Titans as a junior, helping Fullerton reach its first NCAA Super Regional since 2010.

He earned a spot on the 2013 Big West Conference Second Team with a batting average of .303 and a .393 on-base percentage. He led the Titans with 13 doubles this season and threw out seven runners on 17 steal attempts.

Wallach is a great fastball hitter who has a little more trouble hitting the curve and tends to swing around outside pitches. His bat speed and leverage indicate he projects as an average power-pull hitter.

He has the proper throwing mechanics behind the plate and average arm strength for his position. His throws are typically on target when his body is under control, and he likes to get dirty behind the plate and on offense, as well. Wallach is likely a backup catcher in the professional ranks.
                  http://miami.marlins.mlb.com/news/ar...k_mia&c_id=mia

Comment

All he's gotta do is hit lefties and we got a spot for him.

Comment

One time common

Comment

On Batavia Roster

SIGNED

Comment

343,900 - baseballamerica.com

Comment

Working...
                          X