Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Padres Score 5 Runs Again, Marlins Score 1 Because They Don't Like Repetition.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am hoping this means Coghlan to the IF.

It'll probably mean we coax Omar Vizquel out of retirement.
    Originally posted by Madman81
    Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
    Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

The Marlins would have been shutout for the sixth time if they didn't score that one run.

The score was 5-1, which adds up to six.

Catcher Jeff Mathis wears jersey number six.

The Padres baseball franchise was founded in nineteen sixty nine.

It's sixty two degrees Fahrenheit right now in West Palm Beach.

This could all just be one huge coincidence, but I feel like something bigger is at work.
      Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM Hugg!

Comment

Sanabia with some groin tightness. He might be headed to the DL too. Wonder who is on the call up list for pitchers. Also Nick Green is our 2B now boys!

Comment

!NICK!

Comment

You do not come to SoFlaMarlins and talk about a man like Nick Greene like that!

Comment

Originally posted by Erick View Post
              You're the only one who says this stuff.
              The only one. Yup.

Clearly South Florida has forgiven Jeff Loria.

My bad.

Rock on, Erick. Nice work in bobbob's visitor message box. I LOL'd ridiculously hard.
              --------------------
              YES NICK GREEN BABBBYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!
              Last edited by Namaste; 05-08-2013, 10:38 AM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

It's Jeffrey Loria, Daft.

Loria isn't allowed into the Jeff club.

Comment

As for pitchers, I would assume it would be Hand since he's on the 40 and Turner sucks.
                  LHP Chad James-Jupiter Hammerheads-

5-15 3.80 ERA (27 starts) 149.1IP 173H 63ER 51BB 124K

Comment

Originally posted by Namaste View Post
                    The only one. Yup.

Clearly South Florida has forgiven Jeff Loria.

My bad.

Rock on, Erick. Nice work in bobbob's visitor message box. I LOL'd ridiculously hard.
                    --------------------
                    YES NICK GREEN BABBBYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!
                    Will you feel a bit better next year when the team still sucks in the third year of the new stadium? After all, it's the third year and not the second!

How come you didn't say much last year when the team sucked in the first year of the new stadium?

Why is the year of the new stadium relevant?

Comment

Namaste feels betrayed. Things were supposed to be different with the new park and after One season, things are right back to where they were before.

Maybe he could do a better job explaining it but I don't think that's unreasonable.

Comment

I think it kinda sucks that they decided to re-invest absolutely no money from the players they gave away, as well.

With that said, had they kept that core group of players, they would still suck/the top free agents who signed in the offseason have all sucked, as well.

It's also annoying that he talked all offseason about how the stadium was going to be empty/boycotts/Loria is the worst, and yet he still goes to the games. If you hate the product so much, why would you support it by going to the games? Seems like quite the masochist thing to do, but whatever floats one's boat, I guess. "Rock on."

Comment

Why is the year of the new stadium relevant?

--------------------
                          I think it kinda sucks that they decided to re-invest absolutely no money from the players they gave away, as well.

LOL

It's also annoying that he talked all offseason about how the stadium was going to be empty/boycotts/Loria is the worst, and yet he still goes to the games. If you hate the product so much, why would you support it by going to the games? Seems like quite the masochist thing to do, but whatever floats one's boat, I guess. "Rock on."

I went to one game for my sons birthday. I paid $18 for an $80 seat.

I would have gone to 4 or 5 games already if the amateur hour owner would have put some money back into the team.
                          Last edited by Namaste; 05-08-2013, 04:52 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

Originally posted by Namaste View Post

--------------------

A new stadium does not = a winning product.

Many teams have gotten new stadiums and lost plenty of games.

Comment

A new stadium does not = a winning product.

Many teams have gotten new stadiums and lost plenty of games.
                              I don't think that's what he was saying - he was saying things were supposed to be different because of the new stadium, yet it's just business as usual despite the new stadium and claims that things would be different.

Comment

Originally posted by rmc523 View Post
                                I don't think that's what he was saying - he was saying things were supposed to be different because of the new stadium, yet it's just business as usual despite the new stadium and claims that things would be different.
                                Yes, that's exactly what I was saying.

Comment

Working...
                                X