No announcement yet.

Loria Pens Open Letter to "Fans"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Petition signatures are irrelevant. People seem to forget that Loria and Selig are cut from the same cloth. Hell, Loria probably learned the "lie about losing money, pocket all revenues, and whine and bitch and moan to city until they build you a new stadium" because Selig did the exact same shit in Milwaukee.
    Amy Adams, AKA Cinnamon Muff
    Logan Morrison: "If baseball didn't exist, I would probably be ... like a curler. Or a hairstylist."
    Noah Perio
    Jupiter
    39 AB
    15 H
    0 2B
    0 3B
    0 HR
    0 BB
    .385/.385/.385

Comment

Originally posted by Beef View Post

Daft is only an angry character on the internet. He's drinking wine and eating pirate's booty in real life and generally just being a happy fella issuing six tickets per year and probably never using his blinkers.
      I'm not really a cop.

I'm a student. I'm studying really hard so I can become an attorney and post on a baseball forum ALL day EVERY day.

I can't wait!

Comment

I see Loria is setting it up nicely when they choose to trade him instead of offering him a contract.

They are waiting until the end of the year and will dump him and claim he is out of their price range. They never had any intent of giving him a big deal.
        Amy Adams, AKA Cinnamon Muff
        Logan Morrison: "If baseball didn't exist, I would probably be ... like a curler. Or a hairstylist."
        Noah Perio
        Jupiter
        39 AB
        15 H
        0 2B
        0 3B
        0 HR
        0 BB
        .385/.385/.385

Comment

Greg Cote - he the guy that wrote about LeBron going back to Cleveland after everyone else already did the horrible LeBron back to Cleveland story?
          --------------------
          Originally posted by Namaste View Post
          I'm not really a cop.

I'm a student. I'm studying really hard so I can become an attorney and post on a baseball forum ALL day EVERY day.

I can't wait!
          I don't get it.

You're saying I do what you do, but I am not insanely angry about it all. Is that right?

Should I do the thing where I say I didn't have to study really hard but there is evidence that police officers must have an IQ below a certain number or else they have to be something different than a police officer?

We might as well do this, you can either tell me you're not really angry and I'm being ridiculous or you can be really angry and then in a couple days say you're not really angry and I'm being ridiculous.

Mainge wasn't being a tough guy, but the shit you do and say makes no sense and so Mainge said it makes no sense.

Prob not necessary for me to say Mainge isn't being a tough guy since you can't follow anything anymore. I suppose people could do the same message board thing where they say you're being a tough guy by not ever actually reading anything or making sense of anything and instead just respond angrily, but that's how it works. You're angry. You've had your hopes and dreams ripped away by Jeffrey Loria. You've been lied to and betrayed by the owner of the Marlins. How will you ever trust again?
          Last edited by Beef; 02-25-2013, 09:19 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

It looks like I pressed some buttons.

That's A LOT of words.

I feel pretty confident your anxiously awaiting my response for some big e-battle showdown.

Comment

I'm protecting my Mainge.

And yes. Mainge, please send me a message when it's e-battle time.

Comment

Mainge doesn't need protection.

He called me a dumbass. He has some serious Internet ammo.

Todd could use a some muscle. Take him under your wing.

Comment

"You're"
                  poop

Comment

Originally posted by Todd View Post
                    I see Loria is setting it up nicely when they choose to trade him instead of offering him a contract.

They are waiting until the end of the year and will dump him and claim he is out of their price range. They never had any intent of giving him a big deal.
                    Did you really ever believe it would end any differently ?

I heard someone on the radio say that 2015 is the target date that ends Loria having to share any proceeds of sale of the franchise. We have to be hoping this is what will happen. So I guess he is setting up the franchise with a core of young talent, and a farm system he can peddle to some sucker......or.......we will continue to live in franchise hell until he croaks.

I still hate Bud Selig as much as Loria. He knew what this guy was capable of and forced him on Miami, instead of sending him to Washington. FUCK YOU SELIG.

Comment

After selling 12,000 season tickets last year, Samson said, the club is hovering below 5,000 with five weeks to go before the home opener. Asked if the Marlins would sell out Opening Day, Samson said: ā€œI donā€™t know. I really donā€™t.ā€

Loria said all spending moving forward will be based on a function of revenue. Asked if the Marlins might spend $100 million on payroll again, Loria said. ā€œNo. Weā€™ll never get to $100 million. We donā€™t have the TV contract yet to do that. We will one day.ā€

The Marlinsā€™ TV contract runs through the 2020 season.
                      http://www.miamiherald.com/2013/02/2...rey-loria.html

Again, because you fools were short sighted and sold off the TV rights without including an early opt out clause.

Comment

Originally posted by oakelmpine View Post
                        So I guess he is setting up the franchise with a core of young talent, and a farm system he can peddle to some sucker......
                        If the franchise is ultimately set up with a core of young talent and a stacked farm system, would it take a sucker to be interested?

(Probably yes, because people still wouldn't go with a new owner because people don't go, but I don't think that's what you mean)

Comment

Haven't posted here in a while but I've kept up with all things Marlins as of late. Had an idea that I'd like to share and see what you all think:

Clearly Loria and the organization are playing the "save face" game right now, trying to win back some (read: like 10 people) fan support. I bought into Loria's comments much more so than the comments recently made by Samson. Loria's approach was one that I've agreed with and supported since a few weeks after the trade: our team stunk last year - it was one of the worst products I've ever seen the Marlins put on display and I've been a supremely avid fan since the inception of the franchise. At least the shitty teams in the late 90's and early 2k years had some theory and theme, last year's team was a confused mess.

On the other hand, Samson now follows those comments made by Loria by seemingly attacking the fans yet again. As some of you have mentioned above, he is hating on Miami fans and attendance. I just read the article from the Miami Herald where he is quoted as saying "I'm not going to blame the fans of South Florida. I wouldn't say this is not a sports town. I would never say that." (Paraphrased)....well, dumbass, you just did! To me, Samson is infinitely worse than Loria. So, my suggestion to help the Marlins advance this "fan buy back" effort they're on is for Loria to make a very bold move: fire David Samson now.

Think about this: making this move shows the fans that Loria acknowledges the internal problems the Marlins have. No one enjoys hearing Samson talk about our club. He disrespects it every time he opens his mouth. I'd argue that the fans would undoubtedly see this as a step, whether minor or whatever, in the right direction and a showing of self-reflection by Loria and the franchise. Samson only hurts fan support, so why keep him around?

I do no follow other MLB team closet enough to know often their presidents make public statements, but the Marlins seem adamant about having this position be the one which speaks most often and publicly to the fans. Why not put a more respected, accomplished, and knowledged persona in that position? This way, when the president speaks, the fans won't brush it off as "clown-speak" or someone trying to protect the franchise rather than endorse it. The president should be the "friend of the fans," not the enemy.

Possible replacements? Jeff Conine? Mike Lowell? Im not really sure, but someone along those lines. Someone who can deliver a message eloquently, personably, respectfully, and powerfully.

And before you all give me the obvious retort of "Samson is Loria's son-in-law, this would never happen," I understand that, and I think that it would make this move all the more powerful if executed.

Anyway, those are just my thoughts and opinions. Thinking about this makes me wonder why it has it happened already, which creates the cause for concern that it never will.

GO MARLINS!!!!

P.S. I still love this team notwithstanding the offseason moves, and I will attend just as many games this year as last. I hope you all can look past the unfortunate ownership and instead root for the players putting on our jersey and working hard every day - that's what sport is all about, ultimately.

Peace !
                          STANTON

Serious fun! GET IT IN!

Comment

If the franchise is ultimately set up with a core of young talent and a stacked farm system, would it take a sucker to be interested?

(Probably yes, because people still wouldn't go with a new owner because people don't go, but I don't think that's what you mean)
                            There is s much scorched Earth with this team it could take years to make people trust again. Maybe with 5 years of constant, stable middle of the pack payrolls, signing a couple of guys with no-trade clauses, etc and people will start to believe. Just bringing in a new owner won't do it anymore, this fanbase is that burned.

Comment

If the team is able to set up a core of young talent the average fan will think it's irrelevant since they'll all be gone by the time they reach their prime. That's the culture the franchise has created over the years.
                              Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM Hugg!

Comment

Originally posted by BigGameFish View Post
                                Haven't posted here in a while but I've kept up with all things Marlins as of late. Had an idea that I'd like to share and see what you all think:

Clearly Loria and the organization are playing the "save face" game right now, trying to win back some (read: like 10 people) fan support. I bought into Loria's comments much more so than the comments recently made by Samson. Loria's approach was one that I've agreed with and supported since a few weeks after the trade: our team stunk last year - it was one of the worst products I've ever seen the Marlins put on display and I've been a supremely avid fan since the inception of the franchise. At least the shitty teams in the late 90's and early 2k years had some theory and theme, last year's team was a confused mess.

On the other hand, Samson now follows those comments made by Loria by seemingly attacking the fans yet again. As some of you have mentioned above, he is hating on Miami fans and attendance. I just read the article from the Miami Herald where he is quoted as saying "I'm not going to blame the fans of South Florida. I wouldn't say this is not a sports town. I would never say that." (Paraphrased)....well, dumbass, you just did! To me, Samson is infinitely worse than Loria. So, my suggestion to help the Marlins advance this "fan buy back" effort they're on is for Loria to make a very bold move: fire David Samson now.

Think about this: making this move shows the fans that Loria acknowledges the internal problems the Marlins have. No one enjoys hearing Samson talk about our club. He disrespects it every time he opens his mouth. I'd argue that the fans would undoubtedly see this as a step, whether minor or whatever, in the right direction and a showing of self-reflection by Loria and the franchise. Samson only hurts fan support, so why keep him around?

I do no follow other MLB team closet enough to know often their presidents make public statements, but the Marlins seem adamant about having this position be the one which speaks most often and publicly to the fans. Why not put a more respected, accomplished, and knowledged persona in that position? This way, when the president speaks, the fans won't brush it off as "clown-speak" or someone trying to protect the franchise rather than endorse it. The president should be the "friend of the fans," not the enemy.

Possible replacements? Jeff Conine? Mike Lowell? Im not really sure, but someone along those lines. Someone who can deliver a message eloquently, personably, respectfully, and powerfully.

And before you all give me the obvious retort of "Samson is Loria's son-in-law, this would never happen," I understand that, and I think that it would make this move all the more powerful if executed.

Anyway, those are just my thoughts and opinions. Thinking about this makes me wonder why it has it happened already, which creates the cause for concern that it never will.

GO MARLINS!!!!

P.S. I still love this team notwithstanding the offseason moves, and I will attend just as many games this year as last. I hope you all can look past the unfortunate ownership and instead root for the players putting on our jersey and working hard every day - that's what sport is all about, ultimately.

Peace !
                                1st off Samson, is not his son-in-law, but his EX-step-son. Samson's mother was discarded by Loria for some blonde fake-boobed trophy wife he has now.

As for firing Samson - I believe it doesn't happen because Samson knows where all the skeletons are hidden.

Samson = Little Nevin Shapiro. If Loria fires him, without a huge hush money settlement, little David Samson will run anywhere to spill the beans to get back at Loria. Just a theory...no proof, but it's very plausible explaination. It's cheaper to keep Samson on than allow him out there to damage Loria, and possibly expose Loria to some lawsuits for fraud, and other slimey crap.
                                --------------------
                                Originally posted by Chewford View Post
                                If the team is able to set up a core of young talent the average fan will think it's irrelevant since they'll all be gone by the time they reach their prime. That's the culture the franchise has created over the years.
                                Is there an owner that is going to want to come in and deal with the work it will take to win the fanbase back ? That new owner will have absorb that with losing money for a few years perhaps. Only someone that is keenly aware of the teams background and can fully appreciate the fan problems that are inherent with this franchise. It may take a sucker to even be interested.
                                Last edited by oakelmpine; 02-26-2013, 08:40 AM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

Working...
                                X