No announcement yet.

Spring Training 2013

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You have to like that reduction in strike outs.
    --------------------
    Looks like we reached though. MaxPreps only ranked him 34th among high schoolers and we drafted him 23rd overall.

Typical Beinfest reaching for a California prep bat with speed; his wet dream.
    Last edited by Mainge; 03-20-2013, 05:53 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

In all seriousness, can this be the one place where we don't do this thing about Yelich making the team because he's had 49 good plate appearances this spring? He's never played above high A ball.

Patience.
      --------------------
      Unless that's not what "What's up with Yelich?" meant, but I'm pretty positive it was since tjfla is Big Z's go to source for Marlins news.
      Last edited by HUGG; 03-20-2013, 05:57 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

I assume he just wanted to know what he's doing this spring - but your point is Valid

Comment

What's up in the sense of what's he still doing up? Shouldn't he be sent down to Minor League camp by now. I'm assuming they are just looking at him til the end of spring. I really hope they don't go leave him at the major league level. Give him atleast 100 AB's at AA.

Comment

There was an article earlier saying how Redmond wants him on the team but the organization plans for him to start in AA no matter what.

Comment

good

kid's like 14 years old

I don't care how much he rakes in ST - he needs to hit AA/AAA pitching at least a little bit first
              Originally posted by Madman81
              Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
              Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

Ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooowwwwwwweeeeeeeeeeeee what up with Yelich!? What up with Yelich?
                Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM Hugg!

Comment

Welp, I misjudged that one pretty badly.

Comment

Originally posted by tjfla View Post
                    He has a ML Contract so the clock really doesnt matter. I looked today and it says he is making 1.175 mil this year and has 1 million dollar TEAM options for 14 and 15
                    He makes less if he's in the minor leagues (IIRC something like 60% of ML contract, it's probably on Cots somewhere) and clock obviously does matter because of free agency, super 2 making big arbitration #'s, et al.

Comment

Originally posted by nny View Post
                      He makes less if he's in the minor leagues (IIRC something like 60% of ML contract, it's probably on Cots somewhere) and clock obviously does matter because of free agency, super 2 making big arbitration #'s, et al.
                      Ya I meant it more as he already has a contract till 2016-the 1 Million won't change. He could be in the Majors or Minors all year and he would still have the same deal.

Comment

http://miami.marlins.mlb.com/news/ar...s_mia&c_id=mia

LOFUCKINGL

BRANTLY IS BEING CONSIDERED TO HIT CLEANUP
                        Originally posted by Madman81
                        Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
                        Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

I mean, the logic is sound, if you read the words Mike Redmond is using.
                          poop

Comment

Yelich was sent down today.

@MarlinsMedia: #Marlins make 4 moves: Albaladejo, Jefferies & Yelich reassigned to minor league camp; Koehler optioned to NOLA; 38 players remain in camp

Comment

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aAy3Sh_RXjc[/ame]

Baseball. It's great.

Comment

We signed Wilson Valdez to a Minor deal with ML Invite

http://www.baseball-reference.com/pl...aldewi01.shtml

Comment

Working...
                                X