No announcement yet.

Derek Dietrich, 3B

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Placed on the disabled list with a strained oblique.
    LHP Chad James-Jupiter Hammerheads-

5-15 3.80 ERA (27 starts) 149.1IP 173H 63ER 51BB 124K

Comment

Probably done for the season in that case. Don't see this being a quick return and without a chance in rehab games, the team likely won't call him up.

Comment

Hopefully it won't linger into the Arizona Fall League season.
        LHP Chad James-Jupiter Hammerheads-

5-15 3.80 ERA (27 starts) 149.1IP 173H 63ER 51BB 124K

Comment

1.200+ OPS since being called up.

Comment

So what do we do with this guy next year? It's obvious he can hit, but it doesn't look like there is room for him with Prado at third and Yelich in left. Do they trade Ozuna for a pitcher, move Yelich to center and put Dietrich in left?

Comment

I know I and others have suggested having him learn first base. Acquire a lefty-masher, and have him and Bour battle it out for the starting 1st Base job in Spring Training. Platoon the lefty-masher with whoever wins, and if anyone gets hurt over the course of the season move Dietrich around the field accordingly. Looking at the free-agent market I think it's going to be much easier to upgrade our pitching than offense. Having Bour or Dietrich on the bench bolsters the bench, and Dietrich's versatility will be vital if somebody goes down with injury.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by ¿NICK? View Post
                  I know I and others have suggested having him learn first base. Acquire a lefty-masher, and have him and Bour battle it out for the starting 1st Base job in Spring Training. Platoon the lefty-masher with whoever wins, and if anyone gets hurt over the course of the season move Dietrich around the field accordingly. Looking at the free-agent market I think it's going to be much easier to upgrade our pitching than offense. Having Bour or Dietrich on the bench bolsters the bench, and Dietrich's versatility will be vital if somebody goes down with injury.
                  Yeah that works. And to be honest, I'm not even sure how much we really need to upgrade the offense outside of picking up a lefty masher at first. A healthy Stanton changes everything and probably makes the offense pretty solid. Just gotta hope Yelich doesn't take two months to get going again.

Comment

we're going to trade him for a reliever
                    Originally posted by Madman81
                    Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
                    Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

Originally posted by emkayseven View Post
                      we're going to trade him for a reliever
                      Bingo.

This is by far the likeliest outcome.

Platoon at 1B? lololololololololololololol. File that under Things That Won't Happen.

Comment

Will he be out of options next year?

Comment

Remember that time we signed Garrett Jones and Jeff Baker, two major platoon guys, and then DIDN'T platoon them and they ended up getting more PA against same-hand pitching than they had at any other point in their career?

This FO is fan-fucking-tastic at understanding situations and putting guys in positions to succeed.

- - - - - - - - - -

Originally posted by Jay View Post
                          Will he be out of options next year?
                          He should be. Used an option each year the past three years. I don't remember the rules to get a fourth option, but regardless I doubt he's in them.

Comment

Originally posted by nny View Post
                            Remember that time we signed Garrett Jones and Jeff Baker, two major platoon guys, and then DIDN'T platoon them and they ended up getting more PA against same-hand pitching than they had at any other point in their career?

This FO is fan-fucking-tastic at understanding situations and putting guys in positions to succeed.
                            Hasn't Jennings used platoons a lot more this year, so could the problem have been Redmond and not the FO?

Comment

if by platoon you mean playing fucking ichiro instead of dietrich when he feels like it and giving casey mcgehee the occasional start at first over bour, sure.

Comment

During the short-period where we were starting Bour and had Baker on the bench it seemed like they were going to do a platoon. Then Loria had his tantrum.

Comment

Working...
                                X