No announcement yet.

Derek Dietrich, 3B

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They did settle in to the Jones/Baker platoon last season. Took them a little bit, but they did it.

Comment

I just recall someone on here posting about how their % of PA against same handed pitching was a lot higher than it had been. Even if they eventually settled on a platoon, as a whole they were utilized terribly.

I don't trust this team to utilize players correctly

Comment

Baker started 35 of the 36 games we faced a LH starter last year.

But Jones started 9 of the 36. He DHed a couple and Baker started at other positions in some.

We used Baker way too much as a PH against RH. He only started 6 games vs. RH.

Comment

I seem to remember pretty early on looking at the numbers, and Jones and Salty in particularly were facing more of their bad platoon half more than any other point int heir careers. That changed eventually for Jones; don't think it did for Salty.
          poop

Comment

Dietrich .841 OPS in 265 at bats

He should probably never be on the bench/minors next year vs RHP.

Comment

he won't be, he's going to hit in the heart of Oakland's lineup
              Originally posted by Madman81
              Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
              Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

7 HR’s for the Reds.

Comment

could use his slightly above mediocre bat in this terrible lineup this year

Comment

Originally posted by fish16 View Post
                    .980 OPS with a .200 BABIP in 2019

Comment

Dietrich's OPS is over 1.000 now. Neil Walker's OPS: .751, Curtis Granderson's OPS: .657.

Veteran Leadership!

Comment

Dietrich always had potential to be really good. The Marlins just never believed in him and the few times they showed a little faith Dietrich didn't perform.

Good to see him performing well somewhere else.

Comment

14 HRs before June

Comment

Originally posted by Namaste View Post
                            14 HRs before June
                            and his bat is still slightly above mediocre and his numbers will likely show that over the course of the entire year. by slightly above mediocre i mean mid .700's OPS like hes been for his entire career. i dont think they should have let him go, but he also wouldnt be doing anything close to this in our ballpark and surrounded by our lineup.

Comment

and his bat is still slightly above mediocre and his numbers will likely show that over the course of the entire year. by slightly above mediocre i mean mid .700's OPS like hes been for his entire career. i dont think they should have let him go, but he also wouldnt be doing anything close to this in our ballpark and surrounded by our lineup.
                              And of course he hits 3 dongs the night I post this . Still think he wouldn’t be doing it here and his numbers will regress to the mean but he’s been phenomenal

Comment

I said it earlier this month but yeah Dietrich always had the ability to do this. His potential was a top 10 2nd baseman in baseball...I really do believe the Marlins stagnated his career by doing the whole "call him up then send him down then call him up etc..." routine the first three seasons of his career.

Comment

Working...
                                X