No announcement yet.

Loria Refusing Overtures to Buy Team from Big Names, Including Jeb Bush

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would've been all for trading Stanton to get a shot at a championship in 2008. Championships are fo evah.

The hypothetical thing about new ownership or a championship is silly. Loria doesn't give us a greater chance than Jeb Bush or whoever just because he did that thing in 2003 and then hasn't made the playoffs since.
    Last edited by Chewford; 02-06-2013, 03:59 PM.
    Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM Hugg!

Comment

Originally posted by Mainge View Post
      Hell no.
      --------------------

What are our chances of winning those things with those 10 years of Stanton?
      No higher than 10% in a given year
      God would be expecting a first pitch breaking ball in the dirt because humans love to disappoint him.
      - Daft

Comment

Originally posted by Ramp View Post
        Erick doesn't like Loria. Ya'll silly
        Let Erick answer

Comment

Originally posted by Omar View Post
          No higher than 10% in a given year
          I'll take the ring.

Comment

Originally posted by Namaste View Post
            If Loria HYPOTHETICALLY sold the team tommorow to an ownership group with deep pockets, is there anyone here who would not be in favor of this?
            If he sold it to anyone I expect a reaction like the celebration at the end of Return of the Jedi. Maybe fewer ewoks.
            Amy Adams, AKA Cinnamon Muff
            Logan Morrison: "If baseball didn't exist, I would probably be ... like a curler. Or a hairstylist."
            Noah Perio
            Jupiter
            39 AB
            15 H
            0 2B
            0 3B
            0 HR
            0 BB
            .385/.385/.385

Comment

Originally posted by Mainge View Post
              I'll take the ring.
              I don't think we get rings.
              Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM Hugg!

Comment

The first 10,000 fans on opening day do
                Originally posted by Madman81
                Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
                Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

If I had never experienced a championship I would take the championship over Loria selling. But having done so, I'll take the potential of a championship with better ownership over the guarantee.

Comment

Originally posted by Namaste View Post
                    Let Erick answer
                    I answered this the other day.

I think people go overboard with their hatred of him, but there are also plenty of things I don't like about him.

Comment

Originally posted by Omar View Post
                      Would you have made the trade if you had an 80% chance of winning the NL and 70% chance of winning the World Series, but Stanton's prime would be 80% guaranteed to include eight ASG appearances in ten years and at least one MVP?

This is strictly curiosity, for the record
                      Yes. Absolutely. To me, it's not even a question.

Comment

Originally posted by Todd View Post
                        Surprised he doesnt want to sell if he is losing SO MUCH MONEY every year...

oh wait.

--------------------
                        Of course the original post makes me x 50,000,000

There would be a future for baseball in South Fla if Loria was gone. We have two titles, which is more than a lot of teams, so yes I would take Loria gone over a guaranteed championship.
                        Last edited by oakelmpine; 02-06-2013, 07:06 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

You people care way too much about the owner. Its like the actual game is of secondary importance to you. I cannot understand how someone would prefer getting a new owner over another World Series win. If we are winning, what difference does the owner make?

There are plenty of teams with "good" owners who never win a title.

Comment

To continue the trend of hypotheticals, would those of you who would take a new owner over a guaranteed championship still want a new owner if the team never won another world series title in your lifetime?

Comment

these hypothetical situations are pointless and not worth discussing. The only hypothetical that needs discussed was if Loria had the chance to sell, would you want him to? Manny Ramirez and other shit is irrelevant to the discussion.
                              Amy Adams, AKA Cinnamon Muff
                              Logan Morrison: "If baseball didn't exist, I would probably be ... like a curler. Or a hairstylist."
                              Noah Perio
                              Jupiter
                              39 AB
                              15 H
                              0 2B
                              0 3B
                              0 HR
                              0 BB
                              .385/.385/.385

Comment

Why does that need to be discussed? Everyone is on the same side

Comment

Working...
                                X